Chapter 15

Lumine had caught up with Venti, it was dark by the time she went back to the Goth Grand Hotel. 

Childe was waiting for her, he finally got time off he was babbling about going ice fishing, Lumine could only have a small smile while he talked as she drifted off into her thoughts

Childe had stopped talking he noticed that Lumine didn't seem to be listening. He waited about a minute before saying something, "Lumine? Is everything alright?" 

Lumine was snapped out of her thoughts and quickly swiveled her head to face Childe, Childe was inches away from her face when she turned.

Lumine's eyes widened shivers were sent down her spine as she felt Childe's breath, she leaned back looking flustered. "Y-yes?"

"You seem to be out of it, perhaps we can continue the conversation in the morning?" Childe took the candle that was providing light to the room and held it up to Lumine, expecting her to take it to get upstairs. Instead, she blew it out. 

"Lumine, you were supposed to use it to get upstairs!" Childe chuckled, he didn't know why it amused him but it did. 

"Don't laugh at me!" Lumine was happier with this light-hearted mood, it was nice. "I can get upstairs just fine." 

Lumine generated a small flame on the tip of her finger, it grew into a small orb. "See, I can do this." Lumine held her hand up to Childe. 

"I guess you can, never thought about that." Childe followed Lumine as she went upstairs. 

"Have you seen Scaramouche? I haven't seen him since last night." Lumine was at her door and Childe was just about to go into his room, "No I haven't, I think he is purposely staying away from us." With that Childe went into his room and shut the door leaving Lumine in the hallway. 

Lumine entered her room and got ready for bed, she anticipated that tomorrow would be a day to remember.

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Lumine had hidden motives for coming to Mondstadt, it wasn't just for the festival it was for personal research. Lumine was still trying to find out how to expand someone's lifespan, she hadn't worked very hard on the project in the last 300 years as she didn't see anyone that she felt like she needed to stay with, so she wasn't diligent on it. But getting an extended vacation from the little work she had made her feel like she needed to pick back up on the research. 

Wandering the streets of Mondstadt early in the morning, she was waiting for someone to appear. Lumine heard of a particularly interesting member of the Knights of Favonius, they were good at digging things up and had high intelligence and strength, so she wanted to bribe them, at least from the intel she gathered that's the idea she got. 

Lumine believed all she had to do was be shady enough to catch this person's attention, apparently, this person lurked in the shadows and preferred to stay behind the scenes, similar to most of the Harbingers. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

What crime could she commit? Lumine thought about that, she didn't really know what to do to break the law and not catch too much attention, perhaps she could steal a relic and leave an elemental trace? 

Well, Lumine decided to put on a show and act like a normal vision user, she went back to the Goth Grand Hotel to carry out her idea. 

Lumine saw one of her subordinates and walked up to them, "Greetings, lady Lumine." The diplomat gave a slight head bow. 

"Greetings, do you think you can get me a counterfeit vision? Preferably electro, I know they are in short supply so if you cant get an electro one just go with anemo." Lumine wanted to display the counterfeit vision to make herself more suspicious of the crime she was going to commit. 

"Oh! Of course, it won't take too long as we recently had a few made in Liyue for an order.." The diplomat rushed off to obtain the fake vision. 

Lumine saw another diplomat and went up to them with the rest of her 'shopping list.' "Can you get me a cloak with a head covering, any color will do. I also would like the weakest bow you can find in Mondstadt along with an exotic pair of clothes and a wig, any color." Lumine smiled when she finished speaking, these items were easy to find at a building inhabited by the Fatui, they needed costumes and wigs for entertainment and formal events. 

The diplomat nodded and went to get the supplies. 

Lumine had an evil grin on her face, she had decided what she was going to steal. The Holy Lyre Der Himmel, she would go into the church under the cover of darkness and use electro to go over the knights head, magnetizing the air and walking through, nobody would suspect anything until she drops to the ground to get the lyre, then she would run out allowing knights to see her. 

All she had to do now was wait for nightfall, work out some details and prepare, it was going to be exciting as long as nobody found out her real identity.