Chapter 7

( Fact only for this AU )
| Most people in the Fatui are searching for the 12th Harbinger position, or to replace a current one. Members of the Harbingers are often challenged, but most people go after Childe as he is the 11th Harbinger, thinking he is weaker than the rest they foolishly challenge him. The number has little to do with strength but more to do with when they were offered the opportunity of becoming a Harbinger. 

Most requests for a duel for their Harbinger position are declined, only Childe accepts all the duel requests, he hasn't lost once. Instead, he honed his skills even more by going up against decently strong people, at least they gave him a warm-up. |

Lumine had been sitting in one of the drawing rooms reading a diary of an adventure that had been published, it was quite interesting around chapter three when the adventurer had reached Dragonspine. 

Lumine leaned over the armrest of the couch until a maid came up and whispered, "Scaramouche is here, where should we direct him?" 

"Hm... Just have him come in here. Tell him I might be a little while, as I wasn't informed of his arrival soon enough." 

"Yes, miss." The maid slightly bowed and rushed off to convey Lumine's instructions.

Lumine went upstairs to change into more formal attire she had been in an outfit that favored comfort more than style. Lumine changed into a white dress ( Similar to Signora's dress with no cape and the slits were much lower ) it was paired with a long black trench coat. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

  Scaramouche had announced his official arrival in Snezhnaya only an hour ago he was up to other things when he first arrived in Snezhnaya.

Scaramouche was directed to the main drawing-room, he walked down the hall with cautious servants following behind from afar. Everyone was terrified of him because of the rumors and how he had treated servants in the past, so if they could stay away they would. 

He sat down at one of the armchairs and waited, Scaramouche was going over greetings in his head when Lumine entered. 

"Sorry for the wait." Lumine took a seat across from him and directed everyone else in the room to leave. 

"Greetings Lumine, is anything important? You summoned me with no context." Scaramouche took his flashy hat off and tossed it aside. 

"I was just wondering how your time in Mondstadt was, I didn't hear from you much after you finished your mission." Lumine really didn't have a good reason for summoning him, besides asking him to attend her birthday party. 

Scaramouche dropped the formalities, "Those meteorites were huge! I had some guys dig one up but those good for nothing... They were put into an enchanted sleep, how hard is it to not touch a rock?!" Scaramouche was truly disappointed with the work of his subordinates he had instructed them to NOT touch the meteor and even gave them something to block elemental energy. 

"That does sound a bit disappointing but you can't just take your anger out on them, they suffered the consequences already. Wait are they awake now?" Lumine was always a bit worried for anyone that worked under Scaramouche as he was very 'bossy.'

"Some guy got them out of their sleep. But there was this astrologist who kept babbling about the stars, I kinda believed her for a bit.. Until I found out that the stars mean nothing they are a lie." Scaramouche explained as if Lumine was supposed to understand the nonsense he just went over. 

"The stars meant something in the first place...? I thought the only thing that was important up there was Celestia." She hadn't really studied the stars, but she did know that some people believed that they could tell someone's fate. Usually, it was just a person's intuition or they were good at reading people, not the stars. 

"It's a long story, you really can't be bothered to hear it." Scaramouche crossed his legs and leaned in slightly. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

  After a while of talking like old friends would, Lumine wanted to ask a question. 

"So I'm having a large gathering for my birthday this year, would you attend, Scaramouche?" Lumine asked while twisting a metal band on her hand. 

Scaramouche scratched the back of his head parties weren't really his scene, and he knew how much he was hated among the people and Fatui. "Will there.. Be any other Harbingers?" Scaramouche was a bit timid asking the question.

"I'm not sure yet, you're the only one I'm inviting. It's going to be just a show-up thing, so maybe if a Harbinger is in Snezhnaya at the time they might come." Lumine expected Signora, Childe, and possibly Dottore to show up to maintain formalities. She knew Scaramouche wouldn't attend of his own accord.

"Well, I can't really decline a request from you." Scaramouche sighed and sat up straight. 

"I want you to attend if you'd like to, I'm just telling you that the offer is open and I'd really like it if you attended." Lumine flashed a warm smile that could melt someone's heart. 

"I'll take it into consideration then." Scaramouche watched as Lumine stood up and he followed, they went to get food. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

  It had been a few days since Scaramouche arrived, he had spent most of his time in the room given to him. Lumine checked on him a few times but he simply said he was busy. Lumine was the only one knocking on the door, nobody else wanted to mess with him so that hallway was usually clear out of fear that Scaramouche would fly into a rampage and hurt someone. 

"Come on Scara we are going out!" Lumine said while knocking on the door, boarding the point of banging on the door. 

"No, we are not." Scaramouche was cold and harsh, he was sitting at a desk and slumped over at the noise. 

"If you don't open the door, I'm coming in." Scaramouche ignored Lumine until the door fell down with a crash and he could be seen from the hallway. 

Scaramouche had been some random pajamas he had found he quickly covered himself while staring at Lumine. 

"Get ready, or you'll be dragged out like that." A growl was audible from Scaramouche and he reluctantly did so while Lumine waited outside the room for him. 

Scaramouche got ready in a casual rich person's outfit that you would see in Snezhnaya. He didn't want to be noticed if they went outside. 

"Ready?" Lumine came in without waiting for a reply and took Scaramouche's hand and dragged him out of the room, over the door on the floor. 

"Don't touch me!" Scaramouche tried to pull away but, he wasn't strong enough to even loosen Lumine's grip. He was stuck being dragged around and watching Lumine's sickening sweetness to everyone around her.