Chapter 48

On Watasumi Island there is one harbor or at least that's what Ayato said.

In the distance, though a sad-looking dock could be seen on the land with a person running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

"I thought Ayato said this was a harbor... The waters are so shallow here." Lumine observed and then went over to the part of the ship Ayato was on to ask him about it.

Ayato was standing looking at the islands on the other side of the ship from Lumine.

When Lumine found him she asked, "I thought you said there was a harbor here." Lumine then pointed at the dock that was still far off.

"That's the harbor. Watatsumi island isn't a major area with ships, as you can see so their harbor obviously won't be that big. Otherwise, I think it's a fine size, it could be bigger but then again you can always reach here through the beach."

"There's no navy? No boats bigger than your average fishing boat?" Lumine was thinking about a way to get around their lack of naval power. If they didn't have a big harbor they probably didn't have any big ships.

"Oh, it's not that. They have a few ships about three times the size of a small fishing boat. Watatsumi Island has been receiving outside help from someone with a ship built for combat... I'm not quite sure who they might be, I have a few suspects... Let's see one is-" When Ayato started talking he did talk quite a bit. It wasn't like Lumine found it annoying it was just that she couldn't stand still for a one-sided conversation that wasn't interesting in her perspective and frankly not very important.

"I wanted to ask something." Lumine's attention was brought back to Ayato and she looked towards him.

"Do you happen to know of the Kaedahara Clan?"

Lumine shook her head then remembered something, "I did look into the Kaedahara Clan while I was studying different techniques with the blade. I ended up picking up the same skill somewhere else." Lumine thought hard, the Kaedahara's were just beginning their descent into ruin when she got info on them.

"Well, you're going to meet the last born son of the Kaedahara Clan, Kaedahara Kazuha. I think you'd like him. Another face in the Resistance is Gorou he's a general, quite impressive that he's also the youngest general in the Resistance."

Lumine didn't understand why Ayato was telling her about the people in the resistance, well at least she thought they'd be siding with the resistance at the very least. She looked at Ayato and he was still looking out towards the islands in the distance.

"Why are you telling me about this?" Lumine asked and broke the silence that had been starting to form.

"I think it would be good to familiarize you with some of the faces in the resistance. This upcoming battle won't be easy. We'll be there for quite some time." 

This made sense to Lumine. Knowing the people in the Resistance would make things easier in the long run. She then took note that if they wanted to gain the help of the Watatsumi Resistance she'd have to convince the Divine Priestess Sangonomiya Kokomi.