Chapter 31

| Technically Childe was also regarded as a noble all of the Harbingers were seen as nobles. They were different breeds though, well most of the Fatui was different from normal people and certainly different from nobles. Although Signoria had found a place in their hearts as the "pretty noblewoman that earned her title in high society." |

"Happy birthday comrade!" The voice shouted out from behind Lumine.

"Childe? What are you doing here?" Lumine instantly recognized him because of the nickname, nobody else would call her that.

 Childe let out a chuckle, Lumine was thoroughly disturbed now. "A true warrior doesn't let anything hold them back." In truth, Childe came because he was aware Lumine had seen his moment of weakness, she guided him and offered her hand in help. Lumine supported him so he wanted to support her.

He quickly left after hinting at getting Lumine a birthday present, Childe didn't want to bother her too much while she was greeting guests. 

The people on Lumine's guest list weren't there quite yet but wine started to be served, the one Lumine had gotten in Mondstadt a month or so ago. Something caught her attention from the crowd while she was by the door, red hair. Lumine's first thought was Diluc, she'd never seen anyone with that vibrant of color before. She couldn't really leave to go investigate, so she decided maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her because she didn't see him come in through the front door.

The next to arrive was Jean, the acting grandmaster for the knights of Favonious. She wore her vision and uniform. When Jean saw Lumine she gave a small nod before going down into the crowd, a plus one following behind her. Lumine had no idea who the person behind her was, her mind drifted to Kaeya, she regretted scheduling for him to arrive later in the night since he had answers and could possibly resolve Lumine's search.

Zhongli and Xiao arrived next. Xiao was tagging along a few inches behind Zhongli, it looked like he was hiding. Lumine called out a greeting to Zhongli and he turned to walk over. "Thanks for coming, Zhongli.." Xiao squirmed behind Zhongli tugging at the suit he was wearing with a grimace on his face. Lumine couldn't help thinking that he looked like a child, a 2000+ Adepti who had slaughtered many looked like an innocent child peeking at a stranger from behind his father.

"You should be thanking Xiao. If it weren't for him I don't know if I would've been able to come." Zhongli placed his hand on Xiao's back and pushed him forward, Xiao bounced as he came forward. "Well thank you then, Xiao," Lumine said now face to face with him. Xiao looked down and reached to his hip when he remembered that he left his mask at the inn, he mumbled out a reply that wasn't audible with all the people around. Lumine sent them on their way so she could continue greeting guests.

A few commoners strolled in, on occasion, they had to go through some security outside and that was keeping the number of people down, also the freshly layered blanket of snow didn't help with traveling.

Kamisato Ayato was joined by a whole group of people when he came in, probably not many outside of Inazuma knew him but his aura demanded the attention in the room and his clothing gave him away from being from Inazuma, he wore the Kamisato crest visibly. They walked by and were quickly engulfed in the crowd, the nobles took interest in them.

Lumine peeked out the door and happened to see Scaramouche staring back at her. Then he opened his mouth, "I just came to stop by! Why did I just see someone from the Kamisato clan?" He marched up to Lumine, then he saw the rest of the room, he could pick out a red-haired man, an enemy of the Fatui and from Mondstadt. "Scara, it's an event being funded and run by the royal family we invited someone from every nation." A visible "oh" was seen On Scaramouche's face. "Just come in and try the wine." Lumine gave him a shove inching him towards the crowd, he went knowing Lumine was at the door waiting for people.

Shortly after Scaramouche left a server walked up to Lumine holding a plate with champagne glasses filled with alcohol, Lumine took one then the server spoke, "My lady there's someone who has been asking for you."

"Who?"Lumine asked before taking a sip, she realized how dehydrated she was on her first sip. "The young lady in red at the table over there," The server pointed at a group of women talking in a crowd. "I'll go over there now, thank you." Lumine went down a few steps and made her way to the group. One of them noticed her when she was a few feet away and pointed saying "Her highness is here!" The conversation in the group came to a stop and everyone turned to face Lumine, she was engulfed by the group of women.

She could recognize the group as noblewomen, their jewelry and dresses were a giveaway the name of one of the noble families was on the tip of her tongue. "We've never met but you've met my father Arseniy Borys Turgenev, I'm Luda Turgenev."

"Ah- your highness... Wait can I call you lady Lumine? Your servant referred to you that way." The girl waited for a reply and Lumine nodded her head and mouthed a yes. "So I was wondering out of curiosity... I know you're not really a traditional person and all but do you plan on getting married? There are plenty of suitors out there for you!" Lumine smiled and looked around for an out, she didn't see anyone she could hope to use for an out and gulped.