Chapter 36

Childe came running back with the flailing kitsune. He held the guy up by his collar while the kitsune kicked and swung his arms, he looked mysterious in the woods but now he just looked like a kid.

Lumine spoke up, "We'll throw him in a cell for now. He definitely played a part in this."

The kitsune gritting their teeth was audible, "Hey you can't do that! I'm a great- no powerful- actually all-knowing descendant of the kitsune!" He screeched now trying to hit Childe.
.
"Then I'll make a deal with you. How about you tell us why the shortie was kidnapped and we'll put you somewhere nicer." Childe said from behind. He grabbed his belt and pulled out a dagger, he then held it up to the kitsune. The kitsune stopped struggling and shivered.

"Fine, fine!" Childe returned the dagger to his belt and smiled hearing the kitsune agreeing.

Childe was about to go back inside when Lumine spoke again, "Make sure to search him." Childe looked back at her and nodded and continued inside.

"Huh... Didn't know that guy was here." Venti stated, he knew who Childe was from Zhongli.

"He is a Harbinger after all." Albedo looked to Venti.

"Now what?" Venti looked around and saw some Fatui Agents passing on orders to each other and disappearing inside. "Well anyone from overseas is going to be questioned... I guess some search parties will be sent out but otherwise, we can't do much. Scaramouche will come back on his own, I think." Lumine replied crossing her arms, it was frigid outside and although the cold didn't bother her much it seemed to creep in today.

The guards on the inside of the palace started directing guests to leave and filtering the ones who would be taken in for questioning.

Signora came out with a knowing smile, she was satisfied something went wrong even if it wasn't what she suggested. She was chatting with a few nobles presumably saying something to subtly take a jab at Lumine.

"I'll have you know I could take you in a heartbeat. I am the great and powerful silver kitsune!" The kitsune shouted at Childe as he tied the kitsune's arms behind his back and began patting him down. "I'm sure you could, you are so great that you froze on the spot when you knew Lumine was going to catch you" Childe replied annoyed with the kitsune. He had to do all the behind-the-scenes work when he thought he was just going to a party, it might as well have been unpaid overtime.

"Just be quiet kay? Unless... By chance, you don't want your tails anymore?" The kitsune once again became quiet after being threatened. Childe finished his search and didn't find anything on the kitsune, so he waited by the door just watching the prisoner tied to a chair.

Lumine soon arrived at the room and Childe stepped out to speak with her. "Lumine he didn't have anything on him and whoever sent him couldn't have been that dumb. I think he was sent as a sacrifice or a decoy I doubt he even knows anything of their plans."

Lumine looked down to the floor. "That could be true but the Kamisato clan is also here and could claim him as their servant. And since we really can't hold them here for long he'd go back with them. After all, in the eyes of the law, he didn't commit a crime."

"Either way we probably won't know the truth from him which is rather... Disappointing. But it's worth the effort of questioning him."