Chapter 6

Scaramouche had been gazing up at the stars when his alone time was ruined by delivery for him. It was a letter, he had been requested to come back and report to Garibaldi Castle, he assumed it was Lumine usually the Tsaritsa would just have someone tell him it was time to go back to work, which he found extremely annoying. 

He had to travel back to Snezhnaya, he had been in Inazuma for a few weeks now. But unlike some of the Harbingers, he didn't mind sitting still it wasn't boring it was time he needed to think and harass subordinates. Going back to Snezhnaya would mean he would have to go back to work sooner, he didn't have that much time left to be in Inazuma so he decided he would go back to Snezhnaya. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

  Lumine was at Garibaldi Castle in her study, she was getting ready to submit the papers for a request to use a cryo delusion to make sculptures, making one by manipulating the elements, or finding someone with a cryo vision was out of the question as the ice would melt even if it was kept in the cold. Ice sculptures were usually made by hand but Lumine wanted them made fast, it would take much longer to hand carve them than using a delusion to simply form it out of thin air. 

Her request would probably be accepted, not all cryo delusions were in use at that time so there was one or two to spare. 

The sun set was early in Snezhnaya so it was already dark by the time Lumine came out of the study, three handmaids led Lumine to her room to get ready for bed. 

Lumine changed into a white nightgown, "See you tomorrow morning." The ladies nodded at her and told her goodnight, Lumine climbed into bed and looked out her window, it was open.

Who opened the window? Why was it open, the air outside was frigid. Lumine looked around the room and lit the candle on her bedside table. Lumine thought that maybe one of the servants unlatched the window and possibly the wind blew it open? But there was no wind so that wouldn't be plausible. 

Lumine got out of bed and blew out the candle, something was wrong. 

Suddenly the room was filled with elemental energy, electro energy, a single spark would cause an explosion. Lumine almost held her breath when she looked down at it. 

Lumine ran up to the window to see, absolutely nothing. Lumine thought about who could've done this while clearing out the room with anemo, she went over people that were capable of climbing the side of a castle and had an electro vision and or delusion.

It couldn't have been Childe, he was in Liyue and she didn't see him as the type of person to run off without a fight even knowing he would for sure lose. Lumine thought of a few prominent people in Inazuma and Liyue, but they wouldn't have come all the way to Snezhnaya just to do that. 

The thought hit her, it could've been Scaramouche. But, she thought the request she sent in would've arrived only a day ago, it could've arrived earlier and Scaramouche could've come back as soon as he heard it. Unlikely as his arrival wasn't heard of yet. 

Lumine went back to bed holding a dagger in her hands as she slept, she needed to be prepared in case whatever did that came back to kill her. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

  Lumine woke up in the morning, nothing else had happened that night. It was strange but she got ready for the day and went down to have breakfast. 

"Did anyone arrive last night?" Lumine asked one of her informants that oversees the harbor.

"A few fishing boats and a ship with the Fatui symbol, although nobody went off or on the ship from what I could see." The man answered as he followed Lumine down the stairs as she was heading to get her breakfast. 

"Could you investigate further? I want you to find out who was on that ship last night." Lumine looked at her informant as he nodded, she turned after he started walking away only to come face to face with someone who was bringing her food. 

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Lumine took the tray of food as the worker apologized. Lumine took the tray of food to her greenhouse, the greenhouse had been a gift from Signora when she first became a Harbinger, it was for getting on Lumine's good side, and it worked well.

Lumine sat down at a table and looked at her food, it was cheese pancakes with fruit and yogurt. She dug in while eating she enjoyed the warm air that the greenhouse supplied. The weather was refreshing and the plants were a nice sight compared to shades of whites and grays. 

Lumine finished her meal, she had nothing to do but wait for Scaramouche's arrival. Boring, but better than doing paperwork. 

But the question remained, who attacked her?