Chapter 21

| Timeskip of two weeks. |

The time for the gala was drawing near, Lumine had hired a catering service and already put servants on the clock for that day, the palace was going to be decorated soon, Zapolyarny Palace had a custom where it was always decorated in the same way with similar colors, so Lumine didn't have to do anything there. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Childe was also back in Snezhnaya on his time off. Surprisingly he was given a month off for how much he'd done. 

Childe was happy for his sister Tonia had moved, although nobody wrote about it in the letters he had received and was disappointed nobody informed him. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Lumine hadn't seen Albedo (refer to 'Tales in Dragonspine') in a while so she decided to invite him to Snezhnaya before her birthday. She had found out that Albedo had a younger sister from his last letter so she invited his younger sister as well. 

Although, she didn't know how he had magically gained a sister in that amount of time. From what Lumine knew he didn't have any family and he had always been alone, well ever since his mentor left him. 

| Timeskip of another week. |

The gala was only a few days away and Lumine already had guests traveling to get there, only a few of the people invited out of courtesy accepted invites the list included, Kamisato Ayato, Keqing, Jean, and any plus one's they had. Everyone on Lumine's personal list accepted the invite. 

Anyone who was somebody in Snezhnaya had a say in the guest list aristocrats invited people far and wide and some people were offering money to be on the guest list. This party was a big deal as almost nobody knew the truth about the royal family, many didn't know that there was someone with the title of princess either. 

Albedo was scheduled to arrive soon if the ship he was on didn't get held up. 

"Lady Lumine, Childe is here." Lumine turned from her desk to see a maid by the door.

"He's just here to see his sister I bet, no need to roll out the red carpet." Lumine started stacking papers up. 

"Oh no, he's actually at the castle with his sister." Lumine tilted her head with a few questions circling her mind, "I'll be right down to see for myself, you can go." The maid left cracking the door behind her and continuing with her duties. 

Lumine got up from her chair and stretched, it had been a few days since she really talked to anyone besides her attendants so it was good timing someone was here. She walked down the hallway then down a set of stairs to the main living room. 

"Lumine!" A bright smile was on Tonia's face when Lumine appeared at the door and Tonia stood up from the couch she was sitting on and walked over to Lumine. "It's nice to see you too." Lumine had a genuine smile that someone really wanted to see her. 

"Hey, Childe are you coming to the gala?" Lumine leaned to the side to get a view of him, he was sitting down and blankly looking at something. 

"Oh!" Childe seemed to be knocked out of his daydream when his name was called, "Yeah I am. I have a question though." Childe continued, "What's that ship coming in for carrying guests on it? Isn't it too early for someone to get here?" Childe was referring to a ship sent out by the Fatui to go collect some people in Liyue. "That ship is for a friend that's coming early." Lumine knew she should've just hired someone off the docks to get Albedo since everyone in the Fatui was nosy. 

"Oh I just remembered your birthday is coming up, I'll be there!" Tonia cut in as Lumine took a seat. "Did you guys come to the castle for anything specific?" Lumine watched as Tonia sat down on the same couch as her brother, suddenly recalling her own. She turned away as it bothered her to remember him.

"I brought Tonia to see that greenhouse you have and of course to see you," Childe responded smiling. "And then we're off to see family."

"Well, I'm leaving for Zapolyarny Palace later tonight do you guys want to catch a ride over there?" Childe nodded at Lumine's suggestion. 

Childe's family lived between Zapolyarny Palace and Garibaldi Castle so they would ride with Lumine to get back home. 

Tonia and Childe went to the greenhouse while Lumine started preparations for Albedo and Klee's arrival Lumine made sure that the castle was stacked with Snezhnayan delicacies and exotic gifts. She was excited to see a friend she hadn't seen in years.