Chapter 30

( Fact only for this AU )
| Primogems were easy to come by, when Lumine and Aether first came to the world they acquired a large sum of them only to find out they weren't useful for anything other than show. | 

The morning was quiet, silent and it seemed as if nobody was in the palace. That was because everyone there was gathering at the venue, admiring their hard work before they had to return to work when the guests arrived. 

Officials and guests were pouring in, an inn was established near the palace for this sort of business as it often entertained guests. Most of everyone opted to stay there since it was booked out by Lumine as she feared that the Nobles might've invited too many people for the palace to handle. 

Albedo was slightly disappointed by the alchemy workshop, alchemy in Snezhnaya wasn't a big priority and the community saw it as a bit of a joke, or magic. There was one younger guy working there so he could tell his parents he had a job and a woman from Sumeru who wanted to pursue alchemy there. They didn't know any more than he did and their specialties weren't of interest in Albedo's eyes.

Lumine had preparations finished just on time and the catering team arrived, it was actually multiple expensive catering teams from all around Teyvat, excluding Inazuma. They would each serve specialties from their respective nation and it was going to be more of a food tasting than actual meals. 

A dining room was connected to the dancing hall, there were a few tables in the ballroom but not clearly not enough. A few bathrooms off to the side with maids stationed near them and a grand staircase to a platform where you could go out on the balcony or watch the people down below. 

The aristocrats were starting to arrive at the palace first, it would be the first time in years that they'd all be gathering. The Tsaritsa didn't seem to have a use for them but to manage smaller towns and do the work of ruling. In truth, the Tsaritsa was too focused on the Fatui and her goal to really be that concerned about the people in her nation. 

Lumine took the liberty to have numerous carriages prepared. Along with footmen. She borrowed the horses from the royal stables that were a personal collection of the Tsaritsa. She planned out how the night would go to the finest details, prepping for any mishaps and problems that could arise with a public event.

She stationed herself by the door to greet guests, she already knew that most would pass by especially the nobles but she still wanted to make sure nobody suspicious came in if anything.

The first people to arrive were nobles. They all flaunted their best looks and gathered in the middle to chat, it was the first time in quite a while that most of them would be at the same event. 

There were two Dukes in Snezhnaya, they always clashed against each other trying to one-up each other with their families or possessions. One of them came up with a complex plan for their son to marry into the royal family. He tried to find out if the Tsaritsa happened to have any children, she didn't. So he moved on to trying to get something out of Lumine, sending invitations to Garabaldi castle as often as he could, Lumine ignored him the best she could but she knew here she'd have to face him and come up with a decent explanation for ignoring his letters. Lumine could recognize most of the nobles attending, although she didn't know them personally because she never debuted into high society and generally stayed away from the group. 

Lumine occasionally got a few looks up at her, it was her own party and she was staying by the door. It wasn't a custom to do that in Snezhnaya in fact it was seen as odd. 

But still, Lumine waited for people to show up. She was interrupted from watching the crowd by a voice coming from behind her, by the door.