Chapter 5

( Fact only for this AU )
| Lumine had the same surname as the Tsaritsa she was considered royalty on paper, but most didn't even know there were multiple people in the royal family. |

Lumine was sitting in a carriage, she was on her way to Liyue Harbor a ship was going to be waiting for her there. It was easy to leave Snezhnaya on her own but that was not the case with returning to Snezhnaya. 

A list was written out, Lumine wanted to go all out for her birthday, she hadn't celebrated it in years and she wasn't sure why as the Tsaritsa even had small get together's for her birthday every few years, it wasn't every single year but every few. Lumine decided that was fair.

A few supplies were written down necessary for the gala, it was going to be an event for a morale boost as Snezhnaya hadn't had an event for the people in years. The Tsaritsa had tried a few times, but she just wasn't great at planning things for the people. 

Lumine opened the small window to speak with the carriage driver, "How long until we reach Liyue?" 

There was no response, instead, a response came with a bang, and the carriage coming to a stop. Lumine got up and looked outside, there were Treasure Hoarders and they had attempted an ambush. 

Lumine summoned her sword, "I'll allow you guys a few seconds to run if you didn't know this is a Carriage from the Fatui." Lumine proceeded to show off a badge with the Fatui insignia. 

"And what are you going to do if we attack, little girl." The man who said it had a shovel, was going to attempt to hit Lumine in the head with the shovel.

Lumine looked annoyed, "I gave you a chance... Don't be upset with me when something happens" Lumine stomped on the ground causing a small earthquake, crystals came up from the ground and the Treasure Hoarders were either hit by the crystals or fell to the ground due to the earthquake.

Lumine infused her sword with pyro and was waiting for a Treasure Hoarder to charge at her, she didn't want to hurt anyone she just wanted for them to learn. "Anything else you have to say? Or should I just cut you all down here and now." Lumine wanted to threaten them until they ran away, but it seemed as nobody was getting up to fight again maybe she had done some damage.

She walked over to one of them and checked their pulse on their wrist, it was still there it just seemed the people were in some sort of shock?

"Are you alright?" Lumine asked the terrified driver of the carriage, they had frozen in fear after they were attacked. 

"Y-yes!" The man thanked her profusely, he wasn't a member of the Fatui but was hired by them to take Lumine to Liyue without any suspicion arising. 

"Let's get back on the road, I want to get to Liyue Harbor soon!" Lumine smiled and went back into the carriage. 

They arrived in Liyue quickly, Lumine wasn't that happy as she would have to now go on a ship, she could've used other transportation methods but she rather go by boat. 

"I'm here, we have a little run-in with some Treasure Hoarders on the road." Lumine was talking to a Fatui member that was questioning when the person they were taking would arrive. 

"Miss Lumine, it's very unfortunate you had issues getting here. We are prepared for our leave now." The Fatui member turned to face her and held a clipboard in their arms. 

"I don't want to go back to Garibaldi, take me to the capital once we leave." Lumine wanted to go to Zapolyarny Palace as soon as possible. 

Zapolyarny Palace was home to the Tsaritsa and it was a custom to say that the Fatui came from there as well, they didn't but their origins lie there, most of the Fatui has never even been inside the palace unless they were instructed by a high ranking member or Harbinger to enter the palace with them. 

The place where Lumine lived was Garibaldi Castle it was a place by the sea, it was built like a fortress as it was by the ocean, if Snezhnaya was ever to be attacked by another nation the castle could be used as a stronghold. A small town surrounded the castle, Lumine knew most of the people well there, there were also many families there. People that lived there saw it as a really safe town as they were protected by Lumine she didn't allow others to be in harm's way if there was an option. 

Lumine was sitting in the cabin on the ship, sitting at a desk and filling out some work. Just because she wasn't a member of the Fatui didn't mean she didn't have work, she did, she was in charge of the military in her area, the town she lived in was one of the main ways to get in and out of Snezhnaya a bit like Ritou in Inazuma. 

Filling out paperwork like this was easy, a small price to pay to live in luxury, Lumine was doing the nation a favor Lumine was definitely the most qualified person to lead the military in general, she agreed to take on an area when the Garibaldi Castle was built. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Lumine arrived back in Snezhnaya she dawned on warm clothing. The cold was brutal here and your fingers would freeze in minutes without protection. 

Lumine was at the capital of Snezhnaya, she could see Zapolyarny Palace in the distance, that place was truly huge as it housed the Archon of Snezhnaya. Lumine sighed at the thought of talking to the Tsaritsa, she didn't exactly like getting lectured by someone younger than her, when they knew it. 

Lumine had written out a request to hold a ball for her birthday, it had notes in it explaining why she would like to throw a ball the required materials, anyone could come, and it would be a way to reintroduce Lumine into the royal family. 

"You.. Take this." Lumine handed a Fatui Diplomat the request and an insignia so they would be allowed to hand it directly to her majesty if she was available, Lumine knew it wasn't classified information and if that Fatui remember decided to read it, they would be killed it was quite simple when you betray someone of high rank, you would be killed with no trial.

The Fatui Diplomat rushed off and Lumine prepared to go back to her castle, she was going to go back by carriage she couldn't stand ships for days on end and then getting back on them soon after. 

"Do you know if No.6 of the Fatui Harbingers is currently on a break or not?" Lumine asked as he had been quite active in Mondstadt and usually, after a long period of being active a Harbinger would creep back into darkness and get some time off. 

The woman checked her papers and slightly lifted the edge of her Fatui mask, "Yes he is on break, he's in Inazuma right now-" Lumine lifted her hand to signal for her to stop. Scaramouche wasn't particularly a family man, he didn't even have any family to speak of. Lumine couldn't think of a reason for him to be in Inazuma that nation was in a bind and having wars within itself, it wasn't the best place for a vacation.

"Send a letter there, and request he comes back and reports to Garibaldi Castle. Make sure it reaches that branch of the Fatui within a few days we don't need too many delays." Lumine was reaching within her power to summon him, they were also quite friendly with each other so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Lumine to do that.

The coach arrived for Lumine, she got in along with a few of her subordinates it was going to be a long ride home as most people that wanted a profession in the Fatui were good at being quiet.