Chapter Twenty-One

When the elevator doors opened Reid walked into the building that he had missed more than usual. Smelling the fresh paper off the copier and fresh coffee brewing on a bright Monday morning, he started to wonder why he wanted to stay another day in New York. As he walked through the glass doors leading into the bureau, a voice he knew was going to be the first voice he would hear when he got back greeted him right away.

"There he is; Mr. Pretty boy himself," Morgan smiled as he firmly patted Reid on the back.

Usually Morgan's pats were the heaviest, hardest hits Reid ever felt on a daily basis, but after having the experience of André patting him on the back, Morgan's pats have become nothing but a gentle tap.

Reid gave him a tiny smile. "Nice to see you again, too."

"How's the pretty lady doing?" Morgan asked as they both walked over to the coffee machine.

Reid opened the cupboard above him to get his coffee mug to pour himself some coffee that he had missed so much. It wasn't that he didn't have coffee when he was in New York, but he missed the taste of coffee at work to start off a day that was never ending.

"She's good, how's Aleesha?" Reid asked as he poured himself a fresh cup of coffee.

"She's good herself. How was meeting the long last family?" Morgan curiously asked.

"More stressful than I originally thought it would be; having a mean grandma, two sides of the family that dislike each other, an uncle that would give me death glares 24/7 and screaming matches. Oddly enough everything turned out fine," Reid explained to him as he poured some sugar in his coffee.

Morgan nodded understandably. "Sounds like my typical family barbecue."

Reid raised a questionable eyebrow at him and Morgan caved in with laughter. "Okay, maybe not the families hating each other or the mean grandma, but there will always be a Morgan family screaming match. Hey kid, you do know you're still pouring sugar in your coffee, right?"

Reid just ignored Morgan's question and continued pouring an excessive amount of sugar into his coffee. Morgan just looked on and shook his head.

"Does Carmen know about your sugar addiction?" Morgan asked.

Reid nodded. "She's well aware. She gave me an hour lecture about the damage sugar can cause if consumed regularly in large amounts,"

"You say it as if it's casual for your girlfriend to lecture your grown ass on a bad habit you know exists," Morgan joked.

"Of course it is. I lectured her about the sonnet O Blush Not So! by one of my favourites, John Keat, for two hours and twelve minutes," Reid joyfully explained as he sipped away at his coffee.

Morgan looked at him slightly ashamed, yet slightly confused. "Do you guys lecture each other while you're on a date too?"

Reid thought about it and nodded his head. "Sometimes friendly debates turn into lengthy lectures,"

"I'd hate to ask, but I have to; do you two lecture each other while having sex?"

Reid was about to answer that, but Morgan raised his right hand up to signal Reid to not bother say anything. "In a matter of fact, don't answer that."

Reid smiled and just drank his coffee. He was going to say no, but he thought it was better for Morgan to think whatever he thought.

"Spence! Welcome back," Reid heard JJ call out from his left.

He quickly turned to see her walking towards him with a couple of case files tucked closely to her body. She opened up her free arm to give him a quick welcome back hug.