Chapter Nine

Morgan was pacing back and forth at the outdoor altar just anticipating how the whole day would go. He rehearsed his vows over and over again in murmurs to himself. It would be appropriate if he did that an hour ago before people started to arrive for the event so it wouldn't look weird to onlookers in the crowd. They would understand that this is Morgan's big day and knowing Morgan it probably didn't hit him that he had to memorize his vows until the week of the wedding. Reid stood next to Morgan watching him for about five minutes doing that to the point where he was counting his steps as rhythmic beats.

'1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,' Reid thought to himself as his eyes were focused on Morgans dress shoes walking back and forth. Morgan stopped walking and finally stood still.

It was just Reid and Morgan standing at the altar waiting for everything to start. He was still counting when Morgan stopped walking and finally stood still. Reid looked up at Morgan, who was staring out into the rows of chairs on the grass. He stiffened up and brushed off his tux a bit which had Reid awfully confused since everyone wasn't there yet and the piano wasn't playing 'A Whole New Worldfrom Aladdin, which Aleesha picked since it was her favourite Disney movie and it matched the mood. Reid followed Morgans's gaze out into the crowd of guests. Reid looked down the aisle to notice that Morgan's mom was walking down it to take her seat and he could now tell why Morgan was so uptight all of a sudden. She was in a stunning, long gown and had this graceful strut in her walk and you could just tell how excited she was to see Morgan on the altar waiting for his future wife to join him on it anytime soon. She took her seat next to her two beautifully dressed daughters, Desiree and Sarah. His mom blew him a kiss and he smiled as if to say that he received it. Reid couldn't help, but smile about everything; Morgan was happy, two families were coming together and friends were coming to celebrate the moment with them.

Reid looked at the row of chairs to the right and scanned up them to look for a particular person and to no surprise spotted who he was looking for. She sat their one leg crossed over the other, staring down at her lap that was covered in her blush pink, glittery fabric, eyes probably glued on her phone while patiently waiting for the ceremony to start. Even though she wasn't looking up anytime soon, Reid still smiled at her as if she was staring at him back. She was so content with herself for once this whole week after he had given her that note from Rossi. Whenever he would ask her about it she would get very edgy and completely ignore his questions concerning the note, even sometimes stating that it wasn't important. If it's not important, why would she be so edgy about it?

Piano keys started to play the familiar tune of 'A Whole New World' as Hotch and Leah appeared arm in arm and everyone stood up to watch the ceremony take place. Morgan leaned over slightly to Reid.

"Typical Aleesha being on time," Morgan sarcastically remarked.

Reid looked puzzled, but checked his watch to check the time. The ceremony was supposed to start at 11 a.m. and now it was 11:20. Reid nodded, understanding Morgan's annoyance.

Next appeared Rossi linked with Raquel walking down the aisle with big smiles on their faces, but Reid couldn't help to notice that Rossi was looking from side to side as if he was in an attempt to find someone. Reid followed Rossi's head motions in curiosity and suspicion of who he was looking for. Reid already had an idea in his mind who he was looking for anyway. Reid quickly looked over to Carmen's spot and so did Rossi. Rossi and Carmen made eye contact with so much intensity in their stares. Carmen turned away to look somewhere else which happened to glance over at Reid for a quick second and as fast as she looked at him, she looked away. In that short moment that they looked at each other Reid could see that she didn't want to end up discussing it later on. It was useless to continue this eye contact war because it would just lead to nowhere, so Reid focused back on the aisle and so did Carmen.