Chapter Ten

Carmen pulled up to Rossi's mansion where the outside lights came on as soon as she pulled up. She turned off her ignition and let out a deep sigh as she opened her car door. She stepped out and locked it behind her. She walked up the pathway to Rossi's front door, but her walk was interrupted by a vibration from her back pocket. She took her phone out to see that it was Reid calling her. She answered as she walked up to Rossi's front door.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be working?" She asked.

"I'm actually off right now and on my way home. I can meet you at Rossi's house if you want," he suggested.

"No, don't worry about it, it won't take long," she said as she rang the doorbell.

"Okay fine, but you have to tell me how it went,"

"I can give you a glimpse into the future, if you'd like,"

"Really? Okay, go ahead,"

"He's going to tell me this whole eulogy about my dad, emphasizing the fact that he was a great person-which he wasn't- and how he loved me ever so much-which he didn't," she explained in an ridiculously sarcastic tone. Reid couldn't help but let out a small sneer at her sarcastic remarks.

"Okay, cynical Carmen, it probably isn't as bad as you're anticipating it to be; have faith in Rossi," he ensured her.

"Have faith in an old man that has a bias opinion about my father just because they were best buddies before I was even born? Yeah, I'll take-"

The front door opened to show Rossi with a brick straight face on which gave her the feeling that he heard everything that she had said over the phone.Carmen froze midway into her sentence when she saw Rossi's expression and quickly shut her mouth. Reid was kind of confused from the other line, but it didn't take him long to realize what happened when he heard Rossi talk.

"I'm sorry to be such an inconvienence in your life, come in," he said as he opened the door more and soon turned around to walk down his hallway to the kitchen.

"I'll take that as my cue to go, have fun," Reid said.

"I'll try to just for you. Bye," she said and then hung up.

   Reid was packing up to leave for the night. He picked up Morgan's paper work and stuffed it in his satchel as he saw JJ passing by. She looked up to find him staring at her, so she smiled and started to approach him.

"Hey Spence," she greeted.

"Hey JJ," he greeted back.

"How are you and your girlfriend?" She asked.

Reid looked a her questionably. She never asked him that question before, even after she apologized to Carmen. He examined her facial expression. She had a general interest in her eyes and the movement of her facial muscles weren't showing anything that would indicate that she wasn't interested.

"We're doing pretty good, thanks for asking," he said. JJ nodded and smiled for a response of 'no problem'.

"Nothing rude, but she seems very- I don't know how to put it- um, very,"

"Uptight, secretive, mysterious in a way?" He said trying to fill in her blank.

JJ nodded in agreement. "Call me over observant, but at Aleesha's bridal shower, she just seemed so kept to herself as if she didn't trust any of us there. It got better through the night, but the only reason it did is-and I swear- because she consumed alcohol."

Reid was quite amazed at how observant JJ really was; even for a great profiler. He had the feeling that she wasn't just observing Carmen out of random though.