Chapter Thirty-Seven

I DO APOLOGIZE FOR UPDATING TWO MONTHS LATER. I WAS VERY UNINSPIRED AND I JUST GOT A NEW DOG (I know, cute), SO I'VE BEEN FOCUSED ON HIM A LOT. I WILL TRY MY ULTIMATE BEST TO WRITE CHAPTER 38 IN NO TIME. PLEASE CONTINUE READING AND I WILL CONTINUE WRITING. THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR UNDERSTANDING!!! (Nothing is edited, as usual, but especially this chapter because I wanted it published so sorry). THANK YOU

----------------------------------

Reid opened the hotel room door bringing in with him a new file that actually contained Carmen's parents case. He had read the autopsy reports, examined each crime scene picture and read the report, twice. He walked over to the little living room area that consisted of two couches and a coffee table, which he dropped the heavy knowledge on.

"I didn't even hear you come in."

Reid turned around as Carmen walked towards him, dressed in a white dress with her hair curled and bouncing with every step that she took towards him. She looked so renewed and full of energy that he could almost forget what she looked like when she was sad. He smiled, draining all his thinking out his mind and focused all his attention on the woman he was proud to call his own.

"Sorry, I should have knocked," he joked.

She smiled and gave him a peck on the lips. He smiled to himself as the taste of her lips lingered on his. He had no idea why everything about her was so refreshing. Maybe everything about her made him forget everything about her at the same time. Just looking and tasting her wasn't the same as looking deeper into her and if he did, he was bound to find Jason. That's what he wanted to distract himself from.

"It's whatever, as long as you're here on time," she said.

Reid smiled back. "Good thing too. I have to shower and get changed to look as half decent as you do,"

Carmen giggled as she looked him up and down. She put on a little smile as she ran her hand down his tie to flatten it on his chest. She adjusted his suit jacket. To end her touching spree, she ran her hand through his short hair that was slowly growing back at the front, leaving him with a tussle of mess at the front, but she fixed it to her pleasing. She retracted her hand and admired the slightly adjusted masterpiece in front of her.

"Now we're on the same level," she said.

He chuckled. "Fine. I guess all I needed was a bit of retouching by your hands."

Carmen giggled. "But your outfit is missing one small detail."

Reid looked puzzled as she turned around to scurry over to the chester drawer, where she opened up the first drawer. Reid looked on as she pulled out a box wrapped in silver wrapping paper. She turned around to walk back to him with a nervous smile on her face, looking eager for him to see what was underneath.

He chuckled as he sheepishly took the gift from her hands. He saw that there was a little tag attached to it with a little piece of tape. He read it with a bright smile on as soon as he realized the significance behind it. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. He looked up at Carmen in amazement at her choice of quotes considering that he felt as if out of everything that he has ever been quotes, that one didn't really strike her.

They stood outside of the lecture hall in Howard University, waiting for the guest lecturer to prepare himself before everyone went inside. He was lecturing about William James philosophical masterpiece entitled 'The Meaning of Truth." Reid had read about his guest lecture appearance in the newspaper and begged Carmen to go with him. She was reluctant at first, feeling as if she wasn't passionate enough about philosophy to actually enjoy what the lecture was about. Reid assured her that all she had to do was read the book before the lecture and just indulge in everything Dr. Lucas Moore was discussing.