Chapter Four

Morgan looked at Reid then at Carmen then back at Reid again. After a few seconds of doing that Morgan's lips soon became a grin. Reid and Carmen looked at each other and slowly let go of the grip they had on the other.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Morgan asked.

Reid and Carmen glanced at each other, but soon back at Morgan. Reid felt mortified by Morgan popping in at the wrong time. When Carmen and his lips brushed he felt that same excitement the last time that their lips met.

"No," Reid said.

Morgan didn't believe that one bit. He knew that he had interrupted an intimate moment between Reid and Carmen and had the vibe that he was unwanted, but he stayed. He stayed for the obvious reason, to figure out how Carmen was here, and he was there just to see the look on Reid's embarrassed face.

"Hey, Carmen, it's nice to see you again," Morgan said while walking up to her to give her a polite hand shake.

She shook his hand. "Same with you too. Morgan, right?"

"Yes, but you can just call me Derek."

They smiled politely to each other while shaking each others hand. Morgan seemed to be really calm about Reid hooking up with Carmen instead of Tina and Reid took a sigh of relief. It was silent for awhile, but it wasn't too awkward.

"Did you ask Ricky if he'd sing at your wedding?" Reid asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah and he said that he would, but since Carmen's here.." Morgan trailed off. He expected the one of the two of them to finish his sentence.

"You want me to sing instead," Carmen finished.

Morgan nodded. "Smart girl."

Reid nodded his head in agreement. She was a smart girl.

"But I have one tiny question." 

Carmen had an unsure face on. "What is it?"

Morgan took a deep breath. "Are you willing to share the spotlight with someone else?"

Carmen turned her unsure face into a smile. "That's no problem."

Morgan sighed of relief. A silence came back again and Reid was hoping that Morgan would leave, so that he could spend some one on one time with Carmen. The silence was soon interrupted by Carmen clearing her throat.

"I should get going. Bye guys, it was nice seeing you again," she said with a brief smile and then started to head towards the door.

"Same with you, Carmen. See you sometime this week hopefully," Morgan said while facing towards her.

She smiled at him and was waiting for Reid's goodbye. Reid froze there while she stared at him to say something, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything.

'Come on, Spencer! Say goodbye, have a goodnight! Say something before she leaves without a solid goodbye,' he thought to himself, but all he could do was bring himself to smile and wave.

She put on a smile and waved back to him, but after that she was gone. Reid let his arm fall to his side and his smile come down. He felt like a failure for not saying anything. He looked at Morgan and saw the disppointed look on his face.

"I thought I taught you better. Always say goodbye in the most tame way as possible; don't smile and wave," Morgan noted.

Reid sighed. "I was just nervous."

"Nervous of what? Saying the wrong goodbye?"

"No, I just didn't want to say goodbye yet. I wasn't expecting her to leave just yet, I guess."