Chapter Twelve

CONTENT WARNING: Sexual themes near the end of this chapter. Please skip if you're not comfortable with this. I'll see you in chapter 13 ❤️

----------------------

It was still heavily pouring sunlight at 7 in the evening and the just watered grass of the soccer field was gleaming under the suns rays. JJ and Garcia were the first ones to show up at the soccer field for a friendly game of soccer with the girls.

"Tell me again why you and Carmen picked soccer over maybe a nice day at the spa or a movie to go watch like Inception. We both know how good looking Leo DiCaprio is ever since Titanic," Garcia noted.

JJ laughed softly. "We're playing in honor of the World Cup starting and besides playing soccer is a fantastic workout."

Garcia let out a big exhausted sigh just from the word workout and took a seat on the wet grass, plopping her water bottle next to her. JJ joined her on the ground as well and placed the soccer ball in her lap. "The word workout brings back memories of trying to workout with Morgan and his never ending need to exercise."

"And I'm guessing that it didn't go so well because it's Morgan,"

"He wanted to do a two hour straight workout that involved lifting weights for about half an hour, hitting the treadmill for an hour straight, one fifteen minute break and then for the rest of the workout we did non-stop cardio. I kid you not that I could barely get out of my bed in the morning for about a month without feeling every part of my body aching."

JJ bursted out laughing which made Garcia giggle at the pain she suffered with Morgan. Their laughter was interrupted when Emily showed up. JJ and Garcia stood up to greet her as she came. "Are you girls ready for the mini womens Fifa game?" Emily asked with obvious excitement in her tone.

"Someone's more excited for this soccer game than Garcia is," JJ said.

"Morgan, working out, don't wanna talk about it," Garcia added.

Emily nodded her head. "Understandable and I haven't played soccer in years. I find playing a sport more enjoyable than hitting the gym,"

"Ditto, I feel you so much there, Em," Garcia said.

"I'm just glad that we're getting to hang out, just us girls," JJ admitted.

"I'm just happy that we're gonna bond with Reid's new beau," Emily cooed in delight at the thought.

JJ and Garcia nodded in agreement with Emily's statement. Just yesterday all three ladies gathered around Reid's desk, harrassing him with non stop questions about Carmen. They wanted to know as much as Reid did about Carmen. They didn't do it to be a nosy, but to make sure that she was actually who she seemed to be. She radiated a feeling of melancholy, but eluded away from it whenever she had; that's how Reid put it to them and he advised them to keep any alcoholic beverage away, not just because of Carmen, but because all those girls together getting drunk could cause chaos. They promised him it wouldn't happen, at least not on a public soccer field.

JJ glanced over at Emily with wonder in her eyes. "Em, we never really heard your opinion about her,"

"Yeah, you were pretty quiet when you found out her and Reid were dating," Garcia agreed.

Emily never realized that she didn't say anything about it considering JJ and Garcia were always concerned about it. "I guess I always trust Reid's decisions about his life choices," she began, "look where they've gotten him now, so if he feels strongly about this relationship, I'll just leave it alone and besides she doesn't seem like a psychopath." JJ and Garcia could understood what Emily was trying to say; that they may baby Reid a bit too much and should just trust him in his decision making. "Well, I haven't seen him happier in awhile, so I guess you're right," Garcia admitted.