Chapter Sixteen

Reid dragged Carmen down to the basement since there was a mini bowling ally, a pool table and a home cinema theatre. The first time they saw the basement, it left Reid astonished and Carmen rolling her eyes. Everything about this place was too over the top for her liking and she had a feeling that it was Suzzanne who suggested all these extra components to the house, so it would take after her. Reid walked into the home cinema theatre and immediately went to the cupboards to see if what he was expecting to be there was actually there. Carmen dragged along behind him and watched as a huge smile appeared on his face as he reached in the cupboard to pull out a VHS case. He showed the cover case to her to show what movie he was gawking over. 

"It's Battleship Potemkin, one of the best silent films ever created and it's in the original Russian context, no English subtitles," he said.

Carmen took the worn out case from his hands and examined it. She wondered why Suzzanne and Paul even had this movie and if they even had the time to watch it. She handed it back to Reid.

"Doesn't seem like a movie Suzzanne would watch even though she's probably as old as it," Carmen snarked.

Reid cut his eye at her and shook his head. "No she isn't. She's at least in her late seventies and it would probably be Paul's since he's in his mid eighties,"

"Good guess, but that's actually mine."

Carmen and Reid both turned their attention to the door frame where André was leaned against. Reid was thankful that he didn't come at an inconvenient time that would lead to him being in some sort of danger.

"Really?" Reid squeaked up.

"Yeah, I love silent films and propaganda films are the best kind of films," André said as he walked up to Reid.

He took the VHS case from Reid and admired it himself. He slid the tape out and examined it. He handed it over back to Reid. Reid took it in both of his hands-he didn't want to risk dropping it-and looked puzzled.

André gently laughed and placed his hefty hand on Reid's right shoulder. Reid felt like the world was on his right shoulder. He was just grateful it wasn't a hug this time.

"Why don't we watch it? I haven't watched this movie in twenty years," André confessed.

Reid's face lit up. He couldn't dare resist saying no to watching one of his favourite silent films and he didn't want to be rude and say no to André for obvious reasons. He looked over to where Carmen was and he could tell that she was super amused by this whole situation. He had a feeling why she looked so amused. He thought back to last night when him and Carmen were discussing André.

"I'm pretty sure he hates me," Reid confessed as he laid in bed.

Carmen rolled her eyes as she put on an old pair of Nike shorts and a top to match. When she popped her head through the top of her shirt, she turned to look over at Reid.

"He does not hate you; he's just overly protective, that's all. Lucky thing he doesn't have any daughters," Carmen said as she walked over to turn off the lights.

"I wonder if he's as protective over Rachel as much as he is over you-considering he just re-met you today," Reid pointed out.

Carmen turned off the light and made her way over to the bed. Reid could only see her slender figure walking over to the bed, only being able to see that by the dim moonlight shining through the curtains. If this was back in D.C, he wouldn't have been able to see her with the moonlight being blocked by numerous buildings. She crawled into bed and plopped next to him with her body facing towards him. Reid scooted away an inch, just to be safe from any door openings by certain uncles.