Chapter Thirty-Six

Carmen yawned as she continued filling out some forms that the AAPH had given to her. Even though it was tedious and boring her to the point that she was considering going back to sleep for a bit, she found that it was a good way of taking her mind off everything. She knew Reid told her the day before she left that she should just clear her mind of everything: Jason, the letters, the murders, his job. She wished it was as easy as he made it seem, but she believed that she was making slight process with distracting her mind. Besides the paper work, the Bellagio, the hotel that the convention was in, was beyond gorgeous and changed the scenery by giving her a bit of new beautiful experiences to look forward to. 

When she had arrived at the hotel at six in the morning she was stunned by the grand outside with the fantastic blue waters that were in front of the hotel

When she had arrived at the hotel at six in the morning she was stunned by the grand outside with the fantastic blue waters that were in front of the hotel. She had arrived a bit too early to see the water display, but she could already imagine how gorgeous it would be during the night hours. The hotel itself was on another level of beauty with its inviting aura that made her feel as if she belonged there; as if she was safe there.

She admired her room for a good hour when she had arrived before she decided to take a quick nap to re-energize herself. That nap ended up being four hours long, but she wasn't complaining. Since she was more awake than before she could concentrate on the day ahead that was filled with her filling out paperwork and spending the remainder of her day by herself doing whatever she could find entertaining around the hotel. That entertainment would probably be her going to the gym for a few hours before heading back to her hotel room to be by herself.

She looked at her phone and pressed the home button. It mocked her with a picture that she had taken of her and Reid together during winter and the date was right above it. April 21st. She flipped it over as she distracted herself from how deeply upset that she wasn't able to spend their anniversary together and instead she had to spend it alone with paperwork as her company.

She sighed as she shook the thought out of her head and focused back on finishing up her current distraction before moving onto the next distraction. As soon as she went back to typing her responses to the questions on the form, her phone vibrated and her heart instantly filled with joy because she already knew who was calling. She turned over her phone and saw that her guess was correct and answered immediately.

"Hey, Chase," she chimed.

"Hey, Carmen. Like the hotel?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, it's beautiful. Sort of wish this was my apartment," she joked.

He chuckled. "Well, it will be for about two weeks,"

"That's true, but it's missing one crucial aspect though,"

"Spencer?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, I can fix that for you by stopping by."

She smiled in excitement. "Are you gonna bring it?"

"Of course, I wouldn't want to disappoint you."