Chapter 3

"There," I sighed, looking around at my new closet where all of my clothes were now unpacked and hung up or folded in their rightful places, "All done."

When I stepped out, the sun rising shined through the windows of my room, the guest room that Sinn pointed to seven hours ago when I terribly embarrassed myself with that stupid stunt that my father assured me would go smoothly.

After walking out of his room, he slammed the door shut behind me. I quickly made my way to the guest bathroom and took my luggage downstairs and walked down the hallway beside the living room where my new room sat waiting for me. I took the lingerie off, contemplated throwing it out the window but decided against it because honestly, I looked amazing.

Doesn't seem like Sinn would agree.

When I finally climbed into bed, I took the opportunity to think about what was going to happen from here on out. Obviously, he doesn't want a physical relationship, bless him for that. But he didn't seem to mind me fulfilling other duties like making him coffee.

So I decided to stick with that. Have coffee and food prepared for him from here on out, make small talk because that worked the morning before. The rest I'll learn as I go, it couldn't get worse than this. I was just going to keep my head up, swerve my way through any obstacles that try to ruin my path and stay focused on my studies along the way to make sure I'll be okay if he ever decides he's had enough of me.

My head finally hit the pillow, but my eyes didn't shut, they didn't even feel the slightest bit droopy or tired even though I was exhausted just an hour before. After twisting and turning for half an hour, I just decided to unpack, keep myself busy and get my mind off of things.

I must've lost track of time because when I looked at the clock for the first time since then, it was almost eight in the morning. People were heading to work, the streets were busy and children were making their way to school. That meant Sinn was probably going to be getting up soon as well so instead of going to bed, I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading out to the kitchen.

My feet gently padded on the brown, wooden floor as my eyes flickered up to the top floor. I couldn't hear anything but the bottom of his door showed that the light was on so I knew he was awake and probably getting ready to go somewhere.

Next week, his father will be sending a car to take us on our honeymoon in a week. I don't know where we're going yet but hopefully, we'll be staying in a big house so I can have a peaceful trip on one side and he can do whatever he pleases on the other.

I put some water in the kettle and let it boil while pulling out some bread, eggs and whatever vegetables I could find in his half-empty fridge. I grabbed a pan and got to work, letting the stove heat up while cutting up some onions and peppers. Luckily, there was some bacon and cheese as well. I threw the cheese into the mix and cut up the bacon before throwing that in as well so the omelette would have some more flavour.

By the time that was on the pan, sizzling and popping from the heat, the water was boiled so I poured it into another to-go cup and added half the amount of sugar and cream from last time since Sinn's stomach would already be full and the coffee wouldn't make him feel sick.

I twisted the mug's lid on and closed the tiny opening so it wouldn't get cold, leaving a straw on top for him to take if he wanted it. I flipped the omelette, breathing in the amazing scent and decided I'd make myself some as well after Sinn leaves.

I threw two slices of bread into the toaster. I heard some movement behind me and froze, my heart dropping for a moment but realized that it was probably just him. When I turned around, my nerves settled when I saw that it really was just him, no one else.