Chapter 55

Sinn's POV...

"Go see Kai. The sooner you get your work done, we can go home." 

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded. Before she could walk off, I grabbed her wrist. "Where do you think you're goin'? Kiss first." She rolled her eyes but met my puckered lips with hers, pecking them over and over again, barely containing her laughter. 

I reluctantly walked off, my head bowed to hide the giddy smile on my lips. When I reached Kai's side, I sighed with disappointment. "Damn, I didn't know my presence was such a buzzkill." He said as I watched Jasmine tie her hair back and walk further into the warehouse, greeting everyone along the way with a kind smile. 

"Well, you know now," I said to him, still watching her. "Any info?" 

"We got some guys. A few talked immediately, others needed some more convincing but it all worked out in the end. Moral of the story, there's tension brewing. People don't think you can handle what your father did and will try to get rid of you because of it." 

"I expected that. Doesn't matter how many we catch and kill, there'll always be some fucker's around the corner." I sighed. "It's just a stage we need to get through." 

Jasmine getting shot, and our home being raided was only the beginning. People are going to test me, no matter what it takes. The loyalty of those around me had already been broken, yet it wasn't the worst that could happen. For a while, I'll need to be careful. Far more than before.

"I want more security at the house. Let's build another safe house too. Somewhere far, in case things get heated and we need to go underground." I said. "Don't tell anyone about it. You and I are the only ones who need to know." 

"Alright." He said, pulling his phone out. "Where?"

"Always wanted some property in India. Maybe Mumbai." I shrugged. 

"You got any connections over there?" He questioned. I glanced at him, a grin pulling at my lips.

"A few." 

But that's a story for another day.

He rolled his eyes, "Anything else?" 

"Keep finding and killin' those bastards," I muttered, watching Jasmine do her workout across the room, oblivious to the ogling from everyone around her. "Make an example out of them, don't go easy."

"Mr. Hyde?" An unfamiliar voice, with a thick accent, called out. I turned my head in acknowledgment. Two eyes stared back at me, crinkling from the smile on her lips. I blinked awkwardly. She had this expectant look in her eyes like she was waiting for me to greet her as well.

Am I supposed to know who this is?

When I looked at Kai to tell me, he had disappeared, already walking away with his phone pressed to his ear. "Fuckin' prick," I whispered under my breath and cleared my throat, looking at her again. "Hi." 

"Long time, no see." She smiled. 

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah. How have you been?" 

"Good, I had business nearby and decided to pay you a visit." She said but I was too focused on trying to figure her out. 

She sounds Russian. 

 I've rarely seen them but I remember my dad meeting with one of them pretty often. However, he was an old man, and my memory of him was vague. 

"You're the daughter of..." I started, holding my head and pretending I was in deep thought as if I'd just forgotten the name at that moment. 

"Popov." She giggled. Finally, it clicked. She's Olga, one of the eldest of a shit ton of Popov's kids. Their bloodline is the largest, no matter how many would die, another was next in line. I'd never met her properly, yet she was acting like we were lifelong friends.