Chapter 54

"You okay?" I asked Jasmine. She was cuddled up on the corner of her seat, wearing one of my hoodies with a pair of sweatpants. We'd been driving for quite a while now but she hadn't said a word since we left Seth's place. 

She nodded. "I am. I'm just..."

"In shock?" I guessed. She nodded with a sigh.

"Do you ever wonder what the point of all this is?" She almost whispered, like saying the words out loud was wrong.

I nodded. "Everyday." 

"We live more than comfortably." Her voice waivered as tears shined against her large pupils. "But we're sitting on a mountain of terror. The things we, our parents, William, and so on have done to get here...it just doesn't seem worth it." She sniffled and wiped her eyes, staring down at her lap as she shook her head. "Poor Callum." 

"They'll call if there's any news, baby," I assured her, grabbing her hand. "Don't worry about it. They got Seth and Jordan."

She nodded and forced a smile onto her lips. "What'd Kai say?" 

"He found some traces. You mind if we stop by the warehouse?" I asked her. 

She shook her head, "I don't mind. I haven't been over there in a while." 

"Ah, that reminds me," I smirked and swerved into the right lane before turning at the lights.

"Where are you going?" She asked me, pointing behind us. "We were supposed to go straight." 

"Hold on, princess." I smiled, glancing at her. She thinned her eyes, suspicious as I drove through the city for another ten minutes before turning onto another road and reaching our destination. It wasn't until we got out of the car that she realized.

"Oh my God." She murmured as I approached the storage unit and pulled out the lock before sliding the shutter up. Behind it was what she claimed to be her pride and joy, only she'd completely forgotten about it during the past few months.

A large smile appeared on her lips as she rushed to its side and got on top, turning the keys in the ignition and revving the engine. I chuckled, "I'll give you two some space. Drive ahead of me where I can see you, yeah?"

After she agreed, I turned around to head back to the car. "Sinn!" She called out. The second I turned around, she threw herself into my arms. I chuckled against her lips and caressed the back of her head when she pulled away.

"What was that for?" I asked her as she beamed at me.

"I just love you." She murmured, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"I love you more." I said and set her down while pecking her lips once more, "C'mon now. Get yourself ready." She nodded and ran back over to her motorcycle. I sat in the car and watched as she pulled her helmet on, got on top, and pushed the kickstand up. 

She waved while riding passed me and onto the road. Although I couldn't see it, I could tell she had a big smile on her face as she sped across the street with me on her tail. I switched lanes and sped up, reaching her side. I could see her eyes through her helmet as she blew me a kiss. 

I chuckled, "God, I love you."

Jasmine's POV...

I'd completely forgotten about her until now. My body shook with the engine as I rode along the street, enjoying the wind blowing my hair back and fanning against my exposed skin. I didn't realize how much I missed it until now. 

On this motorcycle, I could feel free. Nothing, and no one, was holding me back. I could ride as long and as far as I wanted. With Sinn right beside me, it felt even better. For the first time in a while, everything felt okay.