Chapter 13

The first thing I felt when waking up this morning, besides the horrible pain in my neck and body from the exhausting night before, was the soft touch of Sinn's fingers running themselves through my tangled hair. 

When I opened my eyes, I found myself sleeping soundly on his lap, my arms wrapped around his bare waist as if he was a pillow while he sat against the headboard, looking up at the TV and sipping on a cup of coffee. My cheek was pressed against the very bottom of his stomach as it slowly lifted up and down with each breath he took. 

"Good morning, princess," he said, noticing how long I'd been rigid and holding my breath. 

"Good morning," I hesitated, pushing myself up from his body to sit criss-cross beside him instead. I looked behind me at the time and widened my eyes in shock before snapping my head back towards him, "it's almost 12, Sinn, why aren't you at work?" 

"Took the day off," he reached out to the bedside table on the other side of the bed and picked up a mug, "here, coffee. It's still hot but I can heat it up for you if you want." 

"You took the day off?" My mouth practically fell open in shock at the fact while I carefully took the coffee from his hands, "Is that even allowed? What about your meetings? And that deal from last night, you never even got it done," 

"Yes, yes, who cares and who cares?" He shrugged, looking back at the TV and taking a sip out of his mug. 

I sat, dumbfounded. Squinting my eyes, I looked closer, breaking apart every skin cell on his face. He noticed after a few seconds, and pulled his eyebrows together, most likely uncomfortable from being stared at so closely. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" He finally asked. 

"Figuring out who you are and wondering what you've done to my husband," I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. 

He rolled his eyes, "you're hilarious." 

"Sinn wouldn't say that."

"Oh, yeah? What would he say?" 

"Nothing. He'd be at work and this interaction wouldn't even be happening." 

He shook his head at me, a smile forcing itself onto his lips. I gasped, "okay, you definitely aren't him." 

"Shut up," he shook his head, "come here and drink your coffee." 

I smiled teasingly and shuffled my way over to him. We sat, side by side, drinking our coffees and watching TV together. After blowing on the steaming liquid a few times, I finally took a sip, the action of swallowing and feeling its heat seeping into my throat easing the soreness of my neck in the process. 

I sighed as the nerves in my neck relaxed, giving me a moment of numbness before the pain slowly came back. 

"How's it feeling?" Sinn asked, putting his now empty cup on the bedside table then taking my hair and moving it to my other shoulder. He peeled off the bandage from last night and gently examined the bruises.

"Is it bad?" I whispered when he didn't say anything but continued looking at it. "Sinn?" 

"Yeah," he finally answered, "it is." 

I picked up my phone and went to the camera to look at it, seeing how dark the spots had become. One big one from his palm and a few little ones on the sides from his fingertips. I cleared my throat and looked at Sinn who was still staring closely at the injury. 

"It's okay-" 

"It's not fucking okay, Jasmine," he snapped. I sighed and looked down at my coffee mug, "this isn't the first time he's done this, is it?" I shook my head and he scoffed, "and even after making you do all this to save his own ass, he still can't manage to live without you looking after him."