Chapter 30

PSA: Sleeping pills are dangerous. You can overdose and die if you take more than necessary. This obviously depends on which one you are taking. Melatonin isn't lethal or very strong like others can be but it's not going to end well if you take too much of that either. Please be smart and research any pills that you are taking.

------------------------

"Again."

Jasmine threw her head back and let out a whine, wiping her sweaty face with her arm as the gloves on her hands wore her down, "I already did it a hundred thousand times."

"You're being a brat," She dropped herself onto me. I tapped her butt with my batting glove, "c'mon. One more time."

"Mm," She mumbled into my chest.

"Jasmine," I scolded, "I got you them pink gloves, didn't I?" She nodded against me, "exactly. Now get your ass up."

Reluctantly, she did as told. I raised my hands and we began doing combos again. I figured bringing her to the warehouse to train and keep busy would make her feel better. She loved going to the gym before when I was at work and our marriage wasn't at its peak. Before that, she'd train at her house to pass time.

So, of course, putting training and working out together would make it even better. She'd become happier and a machine at the same time. At a first glance, you'd think she couldn't hurt a fly. However, she punches hard. She's got strength and even though she's whining like a baby, I know it's making her feel better on the inside.

Just this past week, it's as if working out has perked her up.

"I love you, Sinn."

Her words from last week echoed in my mind whenever I looked into her eyes. I love hearing it. The way it makes me feel is unexplainable. I'm convinced that no other relationship in the world is as loving and nurturing as ours.

From the quiet whispers that we share at night to the soft attachment of her lips against mine and everything in between. I've never felt such intimacy without having to ravage her body. It makes my heart soft.

I hated it before. Now, I can't imagine living without it. I don't even remember life before it.

Fuck, I'm soft as hell.

I chuckled to myself, dropping my arms. She smiled at my amusement, "what? Why are you laughing at me?"

Shaking my head, I reached over and wrapped my arms around her, "I'm not, princess."

"Then what is it?" She stared suspiciously at me.

"I just love you," I murmured, leaning down to kiss her.

She grabbed my face with one hand, stopping me, "you can't just use those words to soften me up, you know? That's not fair."

"Of course I can," I challenged, "it works, doesn't it?"

She rolled her eyes at me, "sometimes."

I smiled, staring down at her. Her face was flushed, her hair in a messy bun and beads of sweat sitting on her chest. It made my throat dry when I'd see her like that, innocently staring up at me while I thought about what I could do to her.

"Kiss me," I ordered. She reached up and wrapped her arms around my neck. I waited desperately, grabbing at the fabric of her shirt as her chest hit mine. Her breath was hot against my lips as they brushed against hers.

She was gone when I closed my eyes and tried moving forward to touch her. I opened my eyes to her backing away, smiling mischievously, "I'm not a fan of PDA. You know that."