Chapter 21

Sinn's POV...

The house was silent and dark as I walked through the halls and into the kitchen to sit at the dining table and do some work. I didn't get much sleep, being too busy letting my mind wander and overthinking everything related to the woman sleeping next to me. 

I kissed her head and got up, grabbing my laptop and locking the door to the room from the inside on my way out, making a note in my head to install some back home on all the doors in the apartment. 

As I typed up an email, I heard the sound of feet padding against the floor somewhere nearby before they got closer and appeared in the dining room. I didn't look up to see who it was because I couldn't have cared less. They didn't sound like princess's feet so they weren't any of my business.

The person cleared their throat, attempting to gain my acknowledgement but I didn't give it. Then they spoke up, "Would you like some coffee, sir?" Nia asked. 

No. There's only one person in the world I like making my coffee and it ain't you.

When she realized she wouldn't be getting a response, she finally walked away only to come back a little while later with a cup of coffee and a plate of pastries then put them beside me. "Is Jasmine still sleeping?" She asked and I shrugged, "Cause she might have a hangover when she wakes up. Do you want me to show you where the Advil is to give to her?"

I've got Advil for her, don't you fucking worry.

She gave up and went back to the kitchen. Moments later, she appeared yet again, a cup of coffee for herself and Callum, I assumed, in her hand now. She sat on the seat right in front of me, just staring and sipping so fucking loudly on that shit. 

I tried to hold out for as long as I could but within a few minutes of my patience wearing thin, I finally slammed my laptop shut, "What the fuck is your problem?" I asked her, the fear blatant on her face. She shrugged, just as I did minutes prior when she asked me a question and I fisted my hand in annoyance. 

"I asked you a fucking question," I muttered, finding it harder to contain my anger. I've got enough to deal with on top of this random girl and her fucking questions.

"Can I be brutally honest without you hurting me?" She asked me. 

Of course. A bullet between the eyes will kill you immediately, you won't feel an ounce of pain.

I gave her a blank look, waiting to hear what she had to say to me after knowing me for what? A day? Yeah, go ahead. 

"Fine, I think you don't take care of Jasmine enough. I think she's been thrown into this lifestyle with no one to lean on for support and her own husband can't even seem to give it. I think that even though you can see she is lost and in pain, you keep your distance from her and make her feel more alone from the way you've shut her out. She deserves better than you, better than this life and you can help her achieve that but you don't." By the time she was done, her chest was heaving up and down in obvious anger.

I stared at her, thinking about the oblivious, clueless, idiotic words that had just come out of her mouth. I don't take care of her? I don't give her support? I keep my distance from her even though I see she's in pain? I shut her out? 

I fucking shut her out? Me? 

This bitch didn't know the whole story but it was obvious she knew something I didn't. And it pissed me off. I stared at her for a while, contemplating shooting her in the goddamn mouth and dumping her body in a river. 

And I would've if I knew she was just another one of Callum's whores, which is what they wanted us to believe. But I'd already talked to Callum yesterday, found everything out and assured him I wouldn't spread the word knowing it'd put a target on the girl's back if people knew he found someone he truly cared about.