Chapter 16

JULIAN CARTER

JULIAN CARTER. (22 years old)

As I shifted underneath the sheets, a little groan left my mouth from the painful soreness bursting through the muscles of my legs. When Sinn said we had all night, he really meant we had all night.

We didn't get to bed until two in the morning and even then, we weren't asleep until four. I lifted my head and looked over at the clock. It was twelve-thirty, at least I'd gotten a full eight hours. I hugged my pillow, closing my eyes with a smile on my lips.

He touched me everywhere. When I asked if he wanted me to do anything for him, he said he didn't need it. He just wanted to make me feel good, no matter how much I insisted. And he did, he made me feel amazing.

So much done, yet I was still a virgin. I didn't think that was possible.

When I turned around, slightly wincing in pain, the spot beside me was empty. My eyebrows pulled together as I sat up, listening for any sounds to give me a clue as to where he went. His voice came from downstairs, sounding like he was on the phone.

I yawned and stretched out my arms before slowly standing up with a limp. I grabbed the closest piece of clothing, Sinn's shirt and did up some of the buttons so I wouldn't be so exposed. As I made my way down the stairs, his voice got louder and I realized he was basically screaming at whoever was on the phone about some work that needed to be done.

It's probably his father.

He was standing by the doors of the balcony, staring out at the city with just a pair of sweatpants on. The look on his face was worrying. What if his mood got ruined and he'd go back to the way he was before?

The past couple of days were amazing with him, I haven't felt this good in a really long time. But did I let it get to my head? Was this morning going to be the time he'd decide we were nothing, and it was all a fantasy that I blew out of proportion?

Is he going to turn on me?

I gulped and turned away before he noticed me, making my way to the kitchen to hurry up and make breakfast. After he was done talking to his father, he'd probably just want breakfast and to escape this by disappearing at work all day while I'd be driven back home to become the lonely, ridiculous housewife I was trained to be from the very beginning.

While cutting up some vegetables for omelettes, his presence appeared behind me. I watched as his hands came forward and held onto the counter, caging me in. To my surprise, his lips softly touched my neck, the energy radiating off of him a lot calmer than before when he was on the phone.

"Good morning," his husky, quiet voice said right beside my ear, making me shiver in delight.

"Morning," I greeted back. I could feel him tense behind me, sensing something was wrong from the hesitance in my voice before his hand grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. His face fell as his eyes fell on mine and I stared at him, confused.