Chapter 22

so far, i've copied the diaologue completely from the chapters of Taken Captive where the same events take place in Nia's perspective but there are some parts in this chapter that will not be portrayed the exact same as they were in TC, for those who may remember and get confused. Whenever I edit TC, it will be fixed but yeah, just wanted to let you know.

also, it's not a competition. they're both hurting. refrain from taking sides and just feel for both of them.

Enjoy, my loves.

--------

"Do you just let your girls wander these fuckin' streets on their own, huh?" I snapped at Jordan and Callum as we all sat around the table, "with no protection? No training? You think those two strippers know how to defend themselves?"

"You're pushing it, Sinn," Callum gritted through his teeth.

"I'm not pushing shit," I stood up, going on my phone as I texted one of my men back home to track where Jasmine was, "if it wasn't for your stupidity, my girl would still be here. You couldn't keep it in your pants, Rivera?"

"I didn't kiss that whore, she came onto me," he stood up from the other side of the table, shoving the table in the process.

"And you couldn't have told Nia that before?" My tone got louder as I waited for a response that couldn't come quickly enough. When the message finally came through, I saw that she was just down the street at a club.

"I don't know," Callum's tone got quieter as he stared off in regret, "she's going to leave me anyway, what's the point?"

I stared at him with pity, my anger subsiding, "she's not going to leave you if you just be honest with her. Now, come on. My men tracked Jasmine's ring, they're down the street at some club."

They all stood up and followed me outside. As we walked down the street, a sinking feeling filled my chest. Something didn't feel right about any of this, it hasn't been right for a long time. I felt like everyone around me was against me, including her.

I don't know who I can trust anymore.

I shoved passed the bouncer and made my way into the club, looking around for her long black hair and blue eyes. Those fucking eyes that I love looking at so much were nowhere to be found inside. I checked her location once more, seeing that she'd now moved to somewhere beside the building.

"They're outside," I said and headed back out where I came from. I walked passed the long line of people waiting to get in and into the alleyway. The chatter of people and loud music became quieter as we walked further, near the back of the building.

My blood ran cold as I spotted the three of them there, accompanied by three older men. An unexplainable rage filled my body when I spotted the bastards hand on Jasmine, groping her, "This girl has got nothing on her bones, why'd I get stuck with her?"

I felt sick to my stomach at the sight. Mere seconds later, his blood was splattered across the wall and on his two friends who immediately pulled away from Kara and Nia from the sound of the bullet being shot into his head and his lifeless body falling to the ground.

My eyes found Jasmines, who came running immediately and threw herself into my arms. My hand was still tightly wrapped around my gun, the anger still coursing through my veins as I held her head against my chest. She could probably hear the harsh beating of my heart because she held me tighter.

While Jordan and Callum dealt with the other two, I took Jasmine's hand and led her to the car that Kai brought over. I sat in one of the seats, not a single comforting thought in my head as I looked out the window.