WINTER IS COMING

This chapter takes place after Robb received Sansa's letter from King's Landing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

299 AC

WINTERFELL

"Call the banners" The voice that spoke was cold and demanding, belonging to a lord giving a command to his subjects. It was hard to believe the voice was his own. But to be honest it was hard to believe that everything going on was real.

Robert Hoster Stark cannot believe that his entire life is falling before his eyes.

His father imprisoned and proclaimed a traitor, his sweet little sister, his Sansa, being held prisoners by the Lion Bitch and her Lunatic Boy King.

"I swear I will burn King's Landing to the ground if something happened to my sweet sister" Robb thought snarling like a Direwolf.

At least his other Sister Arya is still safe in Winterfell. She had refused to go with father, when he had made his journey south with King Robert to take his position as Hand Of The King, and judging by the look on her face she was regretting that.

He shook his head before looking at the piece of paper, that was stating his father's arrest in the capital and Boy King demanding Robb to come to the capital and swear his fealty to king Joffery.

"Fealty my ass" he snorted "He is a bigger fool than I thought if he thinks that I will come to The Capital like a kicked dog"

No, he is not a dog on a leash that can be summoned whenever his master likes.

No, he is Direwolf, a very hungry and angry Direwolf.

If his grace wants him to come to King's Landing he will go to King's Landing. But not alone.

He will come with an army of vengeful Northmen who wants justice for their Lord being wrongly imprisoned.

The thought about leading an army made him both excited and a little nervous. For his entire life he had been taught by his father on how to be a good lord on how to lead armies into war and how to take care of the Small Folk. But even then he was still a boy of five and ten namedays. And while he had done remarkable well in managing Winterfell and made sure the trade flows well through Winter City in the absence of his father, he knows that ruling a Kingdom and leading armies into War are two different things.

"Robb!!" he broke out of his dark musings and looked at his sister. Arya was a Stark in both looks and behaviour. While She and Sansa are both twins they are polar opposite to each other. While Sansa is a prim and proper lady with her courtesy and needle works, Arya was the definition of warrior women with her Sword and Bow.

His mother was at first reluctant to let Arya practice in the Tiltyard to learn the arts of war but after much coaxing from him and his brother Jon, she had finally relented.

Thinking of his half brother filled Robb with sadness. He had pleaded to Jon to not to join the Night's Watch saying that his father will ask King Robert to legitimise him as a stark and he will be given his own lands to rule. All his siblings and even his mother had requested him not to join. But Jon was too stubborn to listen saying that if he stayed at Winterfell he will always be in his brother's shadow and in The Night's Watch he can make a name for himself.

"I'm ok, don't worry" He waved Arya off and took a deep breadth. He can't afford to show weakness not even to his own Sister.

He turned to look at Theon, his brother in all but blood, who was watching him with a curious look. His usual cocky smile was not present as even he understood the implication of what is happening.