THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 2: BATTLE OF BLACKWATER

This chapter takes place just before Robb captures the Castle Of Crag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

299 AC

CROWNLANDS

KING'S LANDING

TYRION LANNISTER

He was stood over the walls of King's  Landing where hundreds of Lannister men, sellswords, and goldcloaks were all preparing for the coming battle.

Tyrion couldn't help but feel pride with what he had done. King's Landings defenses had been in shambles when he arrived, a thousand unruly corrupt goldcloaks and a couple of hundred Lannister guards were all that stood in Stannis Baratheon's way from claiming the Iron Throne but Tyrion had changed all that.

The capital was now guarded by the Stormbreakers, Iron Shields, Long Lances, Bright Banners and the Warrior's Sons. Those sellswords combined with two thousand soldiers from the Crownlands he was able to rally with promises of gold and positions. All in all it is about seven thousand men strong.

Even then, they were outnumbered more than five to one. He had confidence that the high walls of the city will held, if his plan with the Wildfire worked. He had also sent a raven to his father's position at Harrenhal immediately requesting for aid, but as of now he hadn't received any reply yet.

At least Tommen and Myrcella will be safe. Myrcella safe at Casterly Rock and Tommen at Rosby. So all hope will not be lost if by any chance the city fell to Stannis Baratheon. His father and his men can rally behind his youngest niece and nephew and continue to fight on.

Tyrion had spent the entire day ensuring the city defences were ready before finally falling into bed preparing himself for his sisters inevitable rage.

As expected Cersei had cursed and screamed at him before finally threatening to make him pay for 'taking her children away from her'.

He had ignored all her threats though as he had more important matters to take care of at present. "Your axe my lord" his squire Pod said handing him his small weapon.

"Thank you Pod, how do I look" he said trying to release some of the boy's tension.

Before his loyal squire had a chance to speak though Bronn entered his vision abrupt as usual. "Stannis's fleet has been spotted" the sellsword said harshly.

"Good, Bronn you know what to do" he said confidently watching the man leave without another word.

"My lord everyone is in place as you ordered" Lucifer Strong said fiercely his silver armour gleaming against the torches along the ramparts.

He turned to the waters of the Blackwater bay. It is very dark obscuring any vision but if his plan worked it will not be dark forever.

Slowly the silhouette of the enemy ships came into view. He turned towards the man standing beside him.

"Good ready the signal on my order" he said to the man who Tyrion had trusted with his plan.

Time seemed to slow down drastically as he watched the enemy fleet sail deeper and deeper into the bay before nodding to Strong to give the signal.