THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 1

I am really sorry for this late update. My Grandfather has fallen terrible ill and had to be hospitalised immediately. And there is a chance that he might not make it. I was not in the right mind to right a chapter but for you guys I tried and here it is.

Again I am terrible sorry for this late update and I hope you all forgive me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

229 AC

WESTERLANDS

THE CRAG

ROBB STARK

Robb couldn't help but curse his luck. He was so close, so close to victory, and now it seems very far away.

He looked at his assembled lords who were all shouting and arguing among themselves on what to do, with the exception of Lord Bolton and his uncle Benjen.

He closed his eyes and thought of the events of the last month that had led him to this situation.

After sacking Ashemark and Sarsfield, Robb had captured the castles of Crakehall and Clegane's Keep in quick succession before marching towards the coast to capture the half ruined castle of Crag, the ancient seat of House Westerling.

The Westerlings, lacking the necessary manpower to defend the castle surrendered willingly. No wonder as they have all heard how Robb dealt with those who resist.

While the Westerlings were not a particularly wealthy family, as their gold mines have dried years ago, they still have an abundance of food and medicine, which his army clearly needed.

He didn't have to sack the castle, as the Westerlings graciously offered their supply to Robb as tribute and in return the surrendered family were treated fairly and with respect. He have also promised Lady Jeyne Westerling that he will free her father Ser Raynald Westerling, The Lord Of Crag who was captured at the Battle Of Whispering Woods alongside Ser Jaime, once the war is over.

It was at this castle that Robb had received a letter from his mother who had arrived at Riverrun from her Journey to the Bitterbridge.

Renly Baratheon, the King of Stromlands and Reach, is dead. And the nature of his death is even more confusing. His mother had written that Renly has been killed by a shadow demon with the face of Stannis Baratheon.

If you had asked him a few months earlier Robb would had laughed at the stupidity of this statement. But after seeing visions of a long dead person and him seeing things from the eyes of Grey Wind, he couldn't be sure.

With Renly dead the Lords of the Stromlands have bent the knee to Stannis Baratheon and joined his forces, swelling his numbers from mere 5000 to 35,000 men.

That is not the end though, he had received another raven, this time from White Harbour in the North.

It says that Balon Greyjoy has declared himself The King Of The Iron Islands and is now preparing his Longships, no doubt for an attack, but an attack on where he doesn't know.

Robb didn't fear the Iron Born, if the pirates try to attack the North they have to first go through the formidable Northern Navy and if by some luck they manage to land in the North, Ser Rodrik Cassel and his forces with stop them dead in their tracks. The Iron Born were excellent sailors and reavers but their strength comes from sea, in land they were easy pickings for the disciplined armies of Westeros.