THE END IS NEAR: PART 3

300 AC

RIVERLANDS--CROWNLANDS BORDER

KEVAN LANNISTER

The war council was packed. All the lords who had sworn allegiance to King Joffrey were present, at least the minimally important ones are.

There are lords of the Narrow Sea, the Crownlands, the Stormlands, the Westerlands, and the Reach. There were also several of the sellsword captains present, men who are fighting for gold and a chance of looting war spoils.

A large map of The crownlands and The Riverlands was displayed on the round oaken table, on the centre of the tent.

In the map there were different pieces arranged against each other, to symbolize the armies in war. Grey Direwolves for the northern forces, blue-red fish for the Riverlands army, green roses for the forces of The Reach, red lions for the men of the West, and finally the pieces of Stag signifying the forces of the Narrow Sea, Crownlands and The Stormlands. There are also few black pieces signifying the Sellswords of Essos.

The wolf and fish pieces in the map were fewer, far fewer than those clustered around the Kingswood. This sign gave some confidence to the disgrunted lords.

As was customary, the more experienced Lords like Tarly and Rowan gave their own ideas about what this large force of 100,000 that had gathered, should do.

The lords of the Crownlands and Narrow Sea, who all were the direct vassals of the Iron Throne sugested to await the arrival of the Young Wolf's forces and confront them in a great battle in front of the city walls.

On the other hand, the lords of the West and The Reach, men who were all angry at the northern incursion in their lands, wanted to advance on the Trident and confront the Northerners and Riverlanders in Tully territory.

His brother Tywin was watching everything, but he remained silent. Not voicing his opinion on the council. Kevan turned to Lord Tarly, who had just arrived from his attack in Maidenpool.

"Lord Tywin. Do we know anything about the moment of our enemy's forces?" The Lord Of Horn Hill asked the Lord Of Casterly Rock.

The Hand of the King looked around the table until it found the person it was looking for. He beckoned Ser Addam Marband, the commander of the army's scouts, who quickly answered the question.

"My scouts reports that the Young Wolf is marching towards Harrenhal with his entire army" Addam reported "No doubt he wants to reach the castle before we do".

Lord Mace Tyrell snorted at that.

"Attack? The Young Wolf does not have the strength to attack, he has been fighting for more than a year and will surely have lost many men. He should know that he cannot win against us" Mace said pompously, causing many of the Reach Lords, especially Lord Rowan, to look at their leage Lord in disgust.

Kevan just looked at the idiot, that is Lord Mace Tyrell and couldn't help but think, "Fool, most of his home is now in the hands of Robb Stark's army, and he can still sit here and talk arrogantly" he shook his head "Doesn't he realise that he is angering his own Lords".

But there is one thing, he did agree with the Reach Lord. Robb Stark is not a man who takes unnecessary risks. The Young Wolf wouldn't march against them if he didn't have a good plan.