THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 3: SIEGE OF LANNISPORT AND CASTERLY ROCK

229 AC

WESTERLANDS

CASTERLY ROCK

ROBB STARK

The days were long, and they could only rest for short periods of time. They marched through the day and long into the night. Often, Robb was so tired, his legs had felt like jelly. But he knows that they can't afford to slow down, speed is there main advantage. He have already heard scout reports that Ser Daven Lannister, son of Ser Stafford Lannister, is raising another host at Casterly Rock, comprised mostly of children and old men, no doubt to fortify Lannisport and Casterly for an comming attack.

Robb could tell that many of his lords were still unsure about his plan to take the Rock, and the long night marches is only further annoying them. So far they were silent about it out of respect and fear for him.

It seems that out of all his forces, only Grey Wind seemed to be in a good mood. Robb had told the direwolf to race ahead and take out any Lannister scouts. Grey Wind was more than up for the task and often returned to Robb with his mouth stained red and an overall pleased look about him.

At last, after a week of hard marching they reached a spot two leagues away from Casterly Rock. Robb was pleased to see that the closer they got to the ancient stronghold of House Lannister, the stronger the men seemed to become. The sun was setting fast, and the ravens they had used to converse with the Mallister ships indicated that everything was in place. The only thing left is time.

It had taken three days for the small Mallister fleet from Seagard to arrive at the western coast near Crag, where Robb had divided his army. More than 6,000 men under his uncle Benjen boarded the ships. There goal is to attack Lannisport by sea while Robb and his remaining forces attack Casterly Rock by Land.

All warfare is based on deception, it was a tactic, which Robb had used multiple times. At the Battle Of Whispering Woods where he deceived both Tywin Lannister and Jaime, and at the Golden Tooth where he used a diversionary force to destroy Stafford Lannister's army at Oxcross and then at Ashemark where he deceived the defenders with a fall sense of security before attacking with full force at night, taking the city by surprise.

And now he is going to use it again. He had divided his army again. His uncle Benjen and his 6,000 men are going to attack Lannisport by sea with the help of the Mallister ships. And surely seeing the attack at their port the defenders of Casterly Rock will rush out to help their outnumbered brethren because they knew that if the port city is taken their only supply of food will be cut off and they will starve to death.

And that is when Robb and his army will pounce on the open gates of the Rock.

It is a risky plan one which involve perfect timing and precision. Robb knows that if he fails he is never going to get another chance because if the door of Casterly Rock closes it will never open again.

Now he is taking a final stroll around his camp, praising his soldiers and mentally preparing for the battle to come. His wanderings took him to the only prisoner pen, where Jaime Lannister was locked up. The Kingslayer is the only prisoner Robb had kept with him in his camp the rest were either executed or in the dungeons of Golden Tooth and Riverrun.

He quietly entered the pen but the Kingslayer's sharp eyes immediately shot up as he looked at the boy who had captured him.

"Ah, the King In The North. I so thank you for returning me to my home. No need to trouble yourself any further, I can take it from here, thanks."