THE WALL

300 AC

THE NORTH

BAY OF SEALS

ROBB STARK

Robb looked on, from the back of the lead ship, at the new Royal armada.

If it could be even called an armada.

The war had reduced the once proud Royal fleet comprised of hundreds of vessels, from huge Wargalleys and hardy Dormonds, to little more than a dozen Longships.

It had taken a month to properly restore the Fleet, with the help and contribution of Houses Manderly, Seastark, Redwyne and Lannister, they had managed to make a patchwork of ships.

But even then the Royal Fleet remained under-strength, with little more than fifty ships, made of mainly Longships and lumbering troop transports.

Restoring the Royal Fleet will be one of his main priorities, once he returned to the Capital.

His thoughts were interrupted when Theon walked up behind him.

"Your Grace." The New Grand Admiral of the Royal Fleet, said as he walked up behind Robb.

"Theon, You know you don't have to call me that, when we are alone" Robb said smiling.

Theon shrugged uncaringly and Robb shook his head before asking "What is it?".

"I thought you might want to know that we are a day out from Eastwatch. It seems the winds have been in your favor".

"Thank you." Robb nodded in relief

Theon turned to leave the king to his thoughts but was stopped.

"Theon."

"Yes, Robb."

"I wished to ask you about something".

"What is it?" Theon asked curiously.

Robb hesitated for a few moments before he asked "You know that, now that you have a position in the Small Council. You have to stay in King's Landing and oversee the restoration of the Royal Navy".

Theon nodded "I already know that" He said narrowing his eyes "So what of it?".

Robb frowned before asking "I only wanted to ask who will rule pike in your stead".

"My sister will" Theon answered immediately.

Robb raised an eyebrow "Will the proud Iron Born follow a woman".

Theon chuckled humourlessly "She was the reason, behind my success in taking the Salt Throne" He said, his mouth twisting in disgust "If Asha only had placed her claim, I wouldn't have a chance".

"Why?".

"Most of the Iron Men don't even respect me Robb" Theon said sadly "They see me as a green lander. More northerner than an Iron Born. A belief which solidified, after I refused the Salt Crown and supported your claim to the Iron Throne"