BATTLE OF GREEN FORK & WHISPERING WOODS

Summary:- The Battles between The Wolves And Lions!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

299 AC

RIVERLANDS

GREEN FORK

TYWIN  LANNISTER

Tywin Lannister, the old lion of Casterly Rock, watched the retreating Northern Army on the northern bank of the Green Fork, being led by the Stark boy.

He still remembered how things led to this current situation.

For years he had prepared The Westerlands for this current conflict. He knew very well that after Robert's death his younger brothers Renly and Stannis might try to usurp the Throne, that rightfully belonged to his grandson Joffery.

After Lady Stark, kidnapped his youngest Son Tyrion, he did what any other self respectful lord would have done.

He invaded the Riverlands with an army of 60,000 Westermen.

Lady Stark had slighted the honor and prestige of House Lannister And The Westerlands, by capturing Tywin's youngest son and in return Tywin is going to bring her girlhood home to heel.

After all a Lannister always pays his debts!!

His ploy was to pillage the Riverlands and lure Lord Eddard Stark from King's Landing, because he knew that if he captured Lady Stark's husband, he can swiftly bring an end to this conflict.

But his fool of a son Jaime attacked and injured Eddard Stark, in the Street's of Silk, forcing Lord Stark to stay in King's Landing and foaling Tywin's well led plans.

Nevertheless, Tywin launched his invasion in the Riverlands, his plan now was to capture Riverrun and force House Tully to sue for peace.

He divided his army into two hosts, each 30,000 strong. One led by his son Jaime, who was now besieging The Tully's ancestral home, after he defeated the Riverrun army being led by Mark Piper and Edmure Tully near the Golden Tooth and Riverrun. And another host being led by him, which has now already taken Harrenhal, Stone Hedge, and Maidenpool and was now currently guarding the Southern bank of the Green Fork.

At Harrenhal he had received scout reports that the northern army at least 30,000 strong is currently marching on the Ruby Ford of the Green Fork, so he had immediately left his position at Harrenhal and marched out to face the Stark Boy.

He had camped at the east side of the Green Fork and West of the Mountains Of The Moon, a few miles north of the High Road that led to the Bloody Gate of the Vale.

Along the way he had meet with his youngest son Tyrion who had brought 2000 Mountain Clansmen with him as a gift to his father.

His army had entrenched themselves and waited, expecting the Northern Army to reach them within three days time.

Except that was not the case.

Three days passed and scouts reported that the Northern army was still moving south. Then another two days passed and still, the scouts reported the same thing, that they were coming. It was ridiculous, he had expected the young Stark boy to be inexperienced, but even he had not expected it to be such an extent.

Then the host finally arrived and he ordered the vanguard commanded by the Mountain that Rides to charge. He hadn't expected much of it, the vanguard was a ragtag group of men consisting of the Clansmen from the Vale, fresh recruits, Freeriders and Sellswords.

Overall, it came to about 5000 men.

As he had expected it didn't accomplish much as the Northmen had taken a defensive position around a hill and the steep ground and shallow waters of the Trident blunted the charge.