BATTLE OF OLD TOWN

300 AC

REACH

NEAR OLD TOWN

ROBB STARK

After two days of waiting, he could finally see the banners of House Tyrell and Hightower coming from behind a distant hill. After two days of waiting they are going to fight for real.

"It's time" he thought to himself. His plan to lure Lord Baelor had worked like a charm.

He clenched and unclenched his fist, to calm his nerves. He was excited. In all the battles he had fought and won this far was by taking the enemy unawares and all his victories, even Casterly Rock had been a product of weeks of planning preparation and strategy.

But here it seemed it would be a head on fight, a pitched battle, which can last hours.

He was outnumbered, the Scouts reported that the Tyrell host numbered around, 35,000 men strong. He only had 25,000 men with him, outnumbered by 10,000 men.

Though at least he had an advantage in his cavalry force. He had more than 7,000 horse, while his enemy only had 5,000.

Robb turned to look at the faces of his men. Even though they are outnumbered, they didn't seem to be nervous about it. And why should they, they have been fighting for a year and had survived multiple battles. What they lack in numbers, they made it up for their battle experience and grim determination.

He turned back to the field,just in time to see the enemy light cavalry, at least two thousand strong, which Hightower had positioned at his flanks, moving out of their formations to charge at his army.

He didn't panic when he saw the charging cavalry. Instead he turned to one of his messenger and calmly relayed his orders.

"Have Theon Greyjoy, set the range for our archers" He said to the messager and a few moments later, a single arrow cut through the air and landed a few hundred meters in front of his infantry.

Eventually, the enemy cavalry reached where the arrow Theon had shot, and Robb shouted "Archers".

As one unit, all the archers, who he had positioned behind his spearmen, notched there bows. The sound of thousands of arrows notching into place echoed across his army.

"Draw" They drew the strings of their bow and prepared to loose the deadly projectile in the air.

"Loose" He ordered, one echoed by Theon and then thousands of arrows filled the air. Each whistling as they curved high up into the sky before descending down on the charging cavalry.

Most of them were light cavalry wearing only leather and chainmail so it was a slaughter. The front rows of horses and men alike dropped like flies, cries filling the air as arrows rained down upon them.

Another two waves of arrows were fired before Robb signalled a halt.

"Signal for the two hundred light cavalry on the left to charge." A flag was raised into the air and two hundred light cavalry on the left flank charged forward with a cry clashing with the Tyrell forces, stopping their charge right in the tracks.

A giant cavalry battle developed in the middle of the two armies. Even though Robb had only sent two hundred men to charge against a force of at least two thousand, the clash was still going in the favour of the Northmen.