PEACE AND WAR

300 AC

THE NORTH

WINTERFELL

ARYA STARK

While she wouldn't say it out loud but Arya Stark missed her family.

She missed her father, her mother, even her twin sister Sansa, though she wouldn't say it.

But most importantly she missed her brothers, Robb and Jon. One brother is manning the Wall, as a member of The Night's Watch and her other brother, her King, is in The South punishing her father's killers.

Life had been boring and rather dull after Robb left Winterfell with his huge army. But like a true Stark she had done her duty, just like she had promised she would.

She had helped Maester Luwin with running the coffers and ledgers of Winterfell, as she was rather good with her sums, better than even Sansa.

Like the eldest sister she was, she had even helped Rickon with his studies under Maester Luwin, even occasionally playing with him.

But her most important duty was helping Bran running Winterfell and Winter City, on Robb's absence. She had also upped her sword training lessons, so she can defend Bran from any harm, when necessary.

Thinking of Bran, she can't help but be proud of her brother, who had done such a fine job in managing The North, even though he had no prior experience in it.

Bran had governed the lands well, and he had even helped Ser Rodrik, with gathering his new army in defending the North.

When the Greyjoys had entered the waters of The North, Bran had acted swiftly. Sending reinforcements to Bear Island and Deepwood Motte, while sending Lord Tarhalt to improve the improve the defences of Torrhen's Square.

Bran even had occasionally rode out with his men, to help the farmers with gathering the crops. As most of the able bodied men are fighting in the South, it had left the fields, unattended and Bran wanted one more harvest before Winter sets in.

All in all Arya was proud of her brother. And She thought that he will make a fine banner man to Robb.

And Robb, gods.

She thinks that, she is not the only one who was stunned when Robb was declared King In The North. The news had came a few days after they had learned about her father, Eddard Stark's, death.

She was both happy and proud for her brother's accomplishments. Happy that her brother is now King and proud because her brother had defeated the Lannisters in three different battle.

But little did she knew her brother's legend, is only growing. News of Robb's many victories, reached The North.

They learnt how Robb invaded the Westerlands, how he ravaged their lands in revenge for their father's death, how he captured Lannisport and Casterly Rock itself.

Two moons ago, a raven had arrived from her brother, requesting Bran and Ser Rodrik, for reinforcements.

Both Bran and Ser Rodrik, were grim faced, when they read the message. The army that was gathered outside Winterfell was meant for the defence of North.

But it couldn't be help, as the situation was dire, and Robb needed those reinforcements for the coming battle.

So Bran appointed Ser Rodrik to lead the reinforcements South. To help their brother finish this war once and for all.

But after Ser Rodrik left Winterfill, with the reinforcements, there hadn't been any raven from the south. No letters or news about the war. It seems that the south had frozen in time.