AFTERMATH

Summary:- Battle Of The Camps And Robb Stark Is Declared As King In The North.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:- This Chapter takes place after the execution of Lord Eddard Stark.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

299 AC

RIVERLANDS

RIVERRUN

ROBB STARK

The battle was over quick and fast.

Despite the fact that the Lannister host still besieging Riverrun outnumbered them more than two to one, the very positioning of Riverrun meant that you had to split ones force into three parts, to siege the castle from all three sides.

Because of this, eight thousand Lannister men were positioned north of the Tumblestone River. Another eight thousand were positioned south of the Tumblestone and west of the Red Fork while the final eight thousand were positioned east of the Red Fork.

Under the command of Ser Brynden Tully, Three Thousand armoured Horsemen descended on the sleeping and leaderless camp in the dead of night.

Despite it being a day since the Battle Of The Whispering Woods, all Lannister scouts and outriders had been eliminated by the Outriders led by Lord Galbart Glover, meaning that the enemy were unaware of the capture of Jamie Lannister and eradication of his entire cavalry force.

As a result, Ser Brynden Blackfish made short work of the enemy camp.

They quickly cleared the enemy palisades and deal with any sentries before going on to kill the men in the camp. This had not gone unnoticed by the other two camps, the one south of the Tumblestone led by Lord Andros Brax quickly ordered three thousand of his men to cross the Tumblestone, with quickly made rafts.

Along the way he was harried by the archers positioned along the Riverrun's walls, Tytos Blackwood ordering them to fire on the Lannisters exposed flanks. However, Andros Brax would not be deterred as he ordered his men onto rafts that were pelted by thrown rocks by the soldiers of Riverrun.

It was disastrous.

The choppy waters of the Tumblestone overturned the rafts. The men with their heavy armour either drowned or were killed by archer fire both from the walls of Riverrun or by the horse archers Ser Brynden had lined on the bank. It was here that Lord Andros Brax met his end, drowning in the dark waters of Tumblestone.

However there were still around five thousand men left in the southern camp and Robb with his four thousand cavalry descended upon them, with Tytos Blackwood in turn leading his garrison force of five hundred out of the gate and struck the Lannister host from the rear.

All the while Ser Forley Prester watched on from the eastern bank.

As the northern camp was destroyed and the western camp all but overrun, he ordered his remaining eight thousand men to retreat back into the safety of the Westerlands.

But Robb is not going to let such a huge enemy force retreat unharmed. And his remaining three thousand cavalry under the command of Roose Bolton struck the retreating Westermen from the rear.

It was a massacre, plain and simple.

Most of Ser Forley Prester's men were light infantry and the Northern heavy cavalry cut through the disorganised Westermen like a hot knife through a butter.

And not only that, seeing that the battle was lost many of the Sellswords, that Tywin had hired, changed sides and attacked their former allies resulting in further cassualties among the Westermen.