THE HIGH COUNCIL

After seeing all your requests in the previous chapter, I have decided to change the name from The Big Council, to High Council. I hope you liked it

-----------------------------------------------------------------
300 AC

CROWNLANDS

KING'S LANDING

ROBB STARK

The newly created, High Council  chambers were behind the Throne Room. It is the same room where the previous Small Council meetings were held.

The changes in the Capital, were not the only changes that were made. In the time that Robb had been in the Red Keep, he had taken the liberty of forging new chairs, for him and his council. The new chairs held the Direwolf sigil Of House Stark, rather than the Lion and Stag sigil of the extinct House Baratheon of King's Landing.

It was on the very chair that Robb found himself sitting when the rest of the members of The High Council walked in.

The Council was no longer small, with Robb having named a number of people to it in the past two days. Lord Tyrion Lannister sat to Robb's right as Hand of the King, Lord Yohn sat as Master of Laws, Willas Tyrell as Master of Coin, Ser Rober Royce as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Davos Seaworth as Lord Commander of the City Watch, and Lord Theon Greyjoy as Lord Admiral Of The Royal fleet.

Then there were the additional members of the council. Lord Manderly as the Master Of Trade, and Ser Brynden 'Blackfish' Tully as Lord General Of The Royal Army.

And lastly there were also the royal advisors of The crown, Lord Edmure Tully, Lord Roose Bolton, Lord Randyll Tarly, Lord Lyn Corbrey, Lord Beric Swann, Prince Oberyn Martell and finally Ser Addam Marbrand.

All in all, there are 16 members in The Council.

"Well! This is a very big Council." Theon Greyjoy pointed out, causing the remaining fifteen pairs of eyes to flick down the table towards him.

"That is why it is called a High Council." Robb announced "I was well aware of what the number would be when I made my decision, Lord Greyjoy. Everyone sitting here, and who will sit here, does so for a specific purpose that I have intended."

"Pray tell, Your Grace?" Tyrion asked, causing Robb to sigh and glance at the door, before he placed his elbows on the long table, that comfortably accommodated them all, to steeple his fingers.

"Tyrion Lannister, I could have had you join your family, but I know that you have one of the greatest minds in the Seven Kingdoms. You have the heart of a lion, and I know this because you led the defense of King's Landing against Stannis while men twice your height ran and the King you served hid behind his mother's skirts" Robb's eyed narrowed slightly "And I know very well, that Lord Hightower's scorch earth tactic was Your idea".

"How did you know that?" Tyrion asked incredulously.

Robb just smiled "As I said you were the smartest man in this Room, except me of course" He said causing the members to chuckle "And I believe that not once in your life has anyone given you any faith. I am giving you that faith now, faith that you will use your skills to help me rule Westeros well." His fierce words silenced Tyrion for the first time, causing the Halfman to swallow and look down as his eyes shined slightly.