Chapter 2- Inaana

I flaten on my stomach on my bed when a knock disturbs the peaceful silence.

"Ina, I brought you some painkillers, kid." The voice of our maid, Ruby who is nothing less than a mother to me after my real mother died six years ago. Ruby is in her thirties but with all the work and her pregnancy with her forth child she looks worn out and older than her age. She has been with me even when mother was alive and has always cared and loved since I got my senses.

"I don't need it, go home, take rest." I say calmly as I bury my face deeper into the mattress, until I have to breathe through open mouth.

"Ina, ba-" She tries to pursue but I cut her off.

"Go Ruby, I don't need shit." That's her hint. Every time I take her name it's the hint to drop the conversation, leaving no room for discussion.

I hear shuffling outside and I peel my face away from mattress to see at the door where the shadow of the only person who cares for me disappear a minute after I asked her to go away.

A silent tear run down from my eyes before I bury my face in a nearby pillow, trying to stop breathing. I don't inhale or exhale, neither from nose nor from mouth for a minute that seemed more like a eternity before I finally toss the pillow away and turn around to breathe heavily.
I look at the ceiling catching my breathe when the flashes of last six years appear before my eyes. I close my eyes only to be reminded of tonight.

I was with my friends, Anya and Kiara at a bar about which my father and my brother knew as I, myself told them. I was talking to some random guy as I took sips of my alcohol free drink while my friends swayed their hips and grinded against other bodies on the dance floor.

The guy seemed decent and interesting and just as we started to talk about a tattoo on his earlobe, he was shoved away from my brother who looked pissed, at what, no idea.
He didn't bother with an explanation as he brutally caught my wrist with his long and rough finger and I followed without a protest to avoid a scene. My gaze roomed around the crowd to look for my friends and I found their searching mine with worry and helplessness written over their face. I mouth them an 'I'm okay' with a fake smile when my insides were fuming with pure anger and my blood boiling so bad, I wonder how it didn't burn down my flesh.

Once outside, I struggled against his hold to which he only tightened more. I would have winced if wasn't for the fact it's just a minor pain compared to all the suffering I have go through. I stop at my tracks as I yell, "Fucking let go of me!"

"And then what? You go back to shoving your tongue down that petty boy's mouth."

"We were just talking asshole. Ever heard of that, lemme guess no. Because you barely get time from ruining our business and getting high for n-"

I was cut off with a stinging pain to my cheek and I instantly covered it with my palm out of instinct. He slapped me so hard that I felt my cheeks buring in a micro second and tears started pouring in the back of my head. But I refused to cry, I never cry before him or my father, not since six years ago. I throat got heavier and I gasped for breath.

"Don't speak shit. Not to me, not to father." He says with a finger of his pointed at my face.

"I informed both of you. I even asked to drive by myself so that you don't bother." I say looking away, feeling nothing for my brother, the so-called-saviour infront of me.

"Yeah but we didn't know you would be seeking permission for this!" He startles me.

I glared at him with disgust and I was once again reminded how much I needed my mother who knew how to keep men like him in control. And I hate myself for not learning it while she lived.

I threw him a glance one last time before I hopped inside his black mercedes. Though I wanted to sit on the back seat, I went for the shotgun to avoid anymore loathed quarrel.

He took the driver's seat a few seconds later with a lit joint dangling between his lips as he adjusted himself and we took off.

I kept my eyes fixed outside the window, trying my hardest to hold back the tears when he said, "We aren't your enemies, Ina. We're just trying to protect you."

I scoff bitterly as I looked at him, "Protect me? From whom exactly? Last I checked, it was you and Papa I needed the protection from."

"Inaana! Watch your mouth." He glared at me in a way that was supposed to indulge fear in me and it did, once, not anymore.

I looked away from him as I rested my head against the window and only bothered opening it when we reached home.

As we walked inside, Ruby immediately ran to me and instantly caught the glimpse of my brother's doing but I simply walked away to my room and closed the door behind me.

I plan on going to my father the first thing in the morning and ask him for a damn car to avoid anymore shits.

With tears in my eyes and with a heart full of heaviness, I lose myself to sleep.

_______________________________________________

There you go, with your lead characters. I hope you guys are enjoying it and having a good time reading it.

WARNING: The story contains mental health issues, violence, abusive language, so for those of you who happen to have less tolerance about the mentioned then I'm sorry my loves, this isn't the book for you all.

For those of you wondering why did Inaana not fight back has nothing to do with her strength or coyness. It's just the fact that she still loves her brother and wishes that maybe he would reciprocate the same someday.

Let's see if things change with time or goes the other way😜
Keeping reading and see where it goes.

Love you my readers 💓