Chapter 7- Aarav

I don't know what got into me the other day when I came across the job vacancy information. My first instinct was to help poor little Inaana who, as per my observation, has been trying to get out of that damn shitty prison for a good time now.

I saw the way her eyes spoke words she didn't dare utter. That was fucking enough to explain all the shits she suffers from with that piece of an asshole.

Yesterday when I saw her calling me at 2 in the morning, my brain stopped working. I panicked and asked unnecessary questions but I got back on track when she pointed things out and I hate that she wouldn't consider calling me in times of need.

I wanted to help her get out. Why? I have no fucking idea.

My arrival was before time at the office today which got me quite a bunch of raised eyebrows and shock flashed on the faces of my employees but one good evil look from me had them lower their eyes and keep it glued to their work.

But before I got comfortable in my seat, I made sure my assistant is well aware of Inaana's arrival today.

I lean back in my chair, twisting an unlit cigarette between my fingers when a knock on my door grabs my attention.

"Come in."

My breath knocks off at the sight of Inaana.

The way she gracefully carries a simple black dress which stops just below her knees. The turtle neck and the long sleeves does a good job at covering her pale skin.
Her black hair is held down and damn me if those blue strands of highlight don't make me want to fist those soft sweet smelling hair of hers. Her black boot thuds as she walks in my office before she settles in a chair across from me.

I straighten on my seat while I position the cigarette between my lips and give my full focus lighting it. Damn, I don't get nervous and avoid eye contacts.

I take a drag and say while fixing her with a glaze as I blow the smoke, "You know, people usually wait to be told to sit."

As the smoke clear from my view, I get a perfect view of her biting her lower lip. I grip the stick harshly, hoping it will help the rush of bloody inside me. Fuck me. Hard!

I swallow while she talks, "You want me to do the same?"

I shake my head, "No."

Yes. If it wasn't you, I wouldn't let the person sit again for whole of the meeting.

"Good. Cause I don't intend to take your orders." She says leaning back in her chair.

How the fuck am I allowing her to talk back to me? Maybe it's her beautiful face. Maybe it's just her.

A chuckle leaves my throat as I say leaning forward, entangling my fingers on the desk between us. "You're basically here for a job, under me. Don't you think it would be bound for you take orders from me? Huh, little Inaana?"

She straightens her spine as she looks away from me to the window, exhaling a breathe before she attacks her lower lip, again.

Pride. I like that.

She doesn't take shit from people outside of her family. But when is she going to acknowledge that she shouldn't be taking shit from any damn fucker?

She turns around, locking her eyes with me, knocking my breaths yet again.

I take the stick between my fingers, that had been hanging on my lips since I asked her the question. I lower my arm to my side, away from her view as I crush the stick with my bare hands. Common man, that should help ease up tension in the room. It didn't though.