Chapter 8- Inaana

I can't stop thinking about him. I can't seem to find an escape from Aarav Malhotra.

It's like he carved his name on my world that day and I can't seem to shake it out.

Just because he looked ridiculously hot and jaw dropping sex in a white shirt and black pants doesn't mean he has some ownership over me.

I hate his audacity. I hate that he thought he could boss me. But I don't know why I feel good, that he wanted me to work with him this lot.

I stomp into my house with anger pouring out of me but I halt the moment I see Papa standing at the bottom of the stairs with a cigar lit between his lips. Though he takes puff of it, he doesn't move his eyelids from me.

"Where were you?"

College? Nah, can't say that. I got graduated three years ago. Cafe? He's going to make me call the only three friends I have. They might cover well but it's a bad idea.

"Just out." I say with a pretentious smile.

"Just out? Where exactly?"

"Out." I say through gritted teeth.

"Really? You wanna use that tone with me?"

"Well, you shouldn't be bothering me with bunch of questions as well." I cross my arms over my chest as I bite down my lip with nervousness.

"I can and I will."

"You can but you shouldn't!" I yell at him and for once I don't flinch at my reaction. Maybe it's the adrenaline from earlier but I can't seem to stop myself.

His eyes widen for a second before he recovers and walks to me. I stand my ground, with my head tilt up. From the corner of my eyes, I notice a vague Ruby come stand a few feets away from us.

"Shut up, Inaana. Don't forget you're under my roof and will do whatever the hell I ask you to do."

I scoff at him as I say, "Do? Kidding me? Last I checked, all you ever ask me is not to bother you, not to leave the house without your fucking permission."

"Inaa-" He starts gritting his teeth.

"Don't Inaana me. You see me nothing more than some slave. But guess what Papa," I take a step towards him and lock my eyes with him, "I'm your daughter. I'm your blood. So next time you talk to me, make sure you approach as a father."

I walk past his shoulder and rush to my room. I hear him call after me and someone running after me, Ruby, but I don't look back, I take two steps at once and reach my room within a minute.

I slam the door shut to my room when I hear Ruby's voice, "Inaan-"

"No!" I scream from inside before sinking on the bed with my stomach touching the fabric of the mattress.

"Ina, kid listen to me."

"Not now. Go away."

She calls me a few more times before giving up and walking away. I feel my throat gaining weight as my eyes begin to pool. I can't cry, not today. I sit on my bed and wipe away the one drop of tear that manged to escape from my fight.

I move strands of hair from my face that must have stuck to my wet face seconds ago. My nostrils flare as I try to control my sobs when my phone rings. I can feel the vibration but not sure where it is coming from, so I scan my bed with both of my palm until I touch the wanted.

I don't know why but I was hoping the caller to be Aarav but all my hopes flush away when I see my only male friend, Rana's name on the screen.

"Hey." I try to sound normal.