Chapter 25- Aarav

I smoke my fourth cigarette since waiting outside Inaana's house. I don't know what got into me but the moment she got out of my sight earlier, I felt a foreign feeling tackle my heart and suffocate me. I tried to ignore it and considered going back to Khalid to deal with his questions but all I did after an hour of contemplation is that, I texted him I have things to do to which he simply said I should do that and also explain him 'certain stuffs' later.
I didn't even bother asking him what stuffs, because I know how his skin must be crawling with questions about Inaana and her friend whom I fucking hate.

I told Rana about the accident earlier because I was so fucking pissed at him for making me look like the bad guy in front of Inaana all the damn time and also because I wanted him to be aware of his irresponsibility and how he didn't even bother to ask if she got home safe.

And now as I stand outside in the humid climate, I fucking hate Mumbai's weather from the core of my heart. Of course I had the choice to sit in my car and wait in the cool air but with the thoughts of Inaana and the anticipation had my skin itch with anxiety and worry.
So like the asshole I am, here I stand leaning against the hood of my car, enduring the nasty climate and waiting.
Waiting, that's what I have been fucking doing for over an hour and I don't do that, ever.

As I take an extra long drag of the deadly stick, an unfamiliar car pulls in front of me snapping my attention towards it.
I throw the cigarette to the floor when the car, the owner and the person sitting in the passenger's seat comes into view.

Inaana and who I'm guessing to be her friend climb out of the car and my breath hitches as my eyes land on Inaana's hair, nose, lips and everything flashes back. I internally groan, running my tongue over my teeth as I shove my hands in my jeans pocket and conceal my expression.

Inaana

My breath catches as my eyes find his and a buzzing sound fills my head refusing to let my brain do the sensible thinking. I hate that he stills has this effect on me even after he disregarded me.

"Where were you?" He asks and all the fog clears in a snap.

"Oh well, I didn't remember you were the owner of me."

"Watch it." He says through clench teeth.

I roll my eyes at him, disregarding him and start to walk inside.

"Wait," His words stop me in my tracks but they aren't enough for me to turn around and give him my face even if my friend turns to him, traitor. "Will you at least look at me?" Aarav asks in a tight tone.

I turn to him just as my father's pulls up in the driveway and I swear I have never ever been happier with Papa's intervene before as I am now as I step away from the man who has been lately messing up my senses real bad.On the other hand though, Aarav looks thoroughly pissed as he closes his eyes, exhaling a sharp breath and grits his teeth so hard that I almost hear it before opening his eyes and scanning my father's car.

As I hear the sound of engine dying of Papa's car, Aarav leans closer and a gasp leaves my mouth when hot breaths can my ear as he speaks loud enough for me to hear but low enough to not give away anything for the audience, "Meet me after I wrap it up with your father."

Papa comes out of the car but I reply him anyway, "I won't."

"I wasn't asking Inaana. Meet me by yourself or I'll do it my way, and trust me your dad wouldn't approve it." He gives one of his fake smiles as he turns to Papa when he approaches us.

"Your daughter here was just telling me that I should have asked one of your servants to let me in. I suppose I could have." He gives his hand for a shake to my father who readily takes it but throw me an angry glance which I do not like one percent. That and also, the three sixty degree turn in Aarav's attitude and tone is another level worry about me and what did he mean when he said doing things his way. He can't possibly do anything at all, right?

"That wouldn't have been necessary if Inaana was home like she was supposed to be."

My jaw clenches the same way Aarav's does or I feel his to happen and how my father thinks he can order me around and how I am expected to always obey just because I share the same DNA as him

"Stereotypic much, uncle? That's not seen in a nice way nowadays." Aarav says bringing out a cigarette and lighting it up after running the end between my lips a few times.

"I don't need your words to know how to deal with my daughter." He tilts his head to look Aarav in the eye who shuts the zippo with a dramatic sound.

Though it feel warm to have someone, especially Aarav to stand up for me but I under no ground, would let anyone speak to me father in that warning tone. I begin to say something but he spits out words faster than light, "You most certainly do, seeing that you consider your daughter to be dealt with."

My mouth falls open as I feel a terrible ache right in the centre of my chest and I swear, I can give it in writing that my heart bled a little. I feel Kiara hands on my shoulder although I shake my head. She only tightens her hold.

"Oh Aarav trust me, if you had a sister like her in your life, you would copy paste my exact words."

Tears start to gather in my eyes and through blurry eyes I sense Aarav place the cigarette between his fingers as he head to him and stand toe to toe with my father and says, "Even if I had a female like her in my family, I still wouldn't chain her up without actually using the chains. And not just that I would actually let her live."

"Are you actually talking to me about Inaana without even knowing her?" Papa continues as he squint his eyes at Aarav.

He knows me. We haven't had too many conversations but he knows me more than I like.

"I'm talking about your daughter to you. And my advices isn't supposed to be important in just business matters now, considering I happen to be your friend's son, right uncle?" He ask with a smirk.

Papa grit his teeth as he looks at him with dead threatening eyes and honestly if looks could kill, Aarav would be six feet under. The moment I feel a heavy teardrop on my eyelid, I lower my eyes and let the tear drop straight to the ground and then I see how the cigarette in Aarav's hand burns his fingers.

"Of course." My father offers Aarav a tight smile, real fake one not even bothering to pretend otherwise. "If you are done with advices outside of work, think we can get to business?"

"Of course." Aarav offer Papa to walk ahead. And as he does he throws a hard glance at me and if not for the hold of Kiara, I would probably have met the ground.

Aarav passes us and walk inside house but he does it only after he warns me to meet him after the business is done.

I should be denying and arguing but all I can do is look him in the eyes and feel something so special for me. Something I shouldn't considering it's for him who would probably crush over my heart and discard it like dust.

______________________________________________

Hello people, I'm very sorry for such late update but I have been really busy with college and other stuffs. Though I'll try to keep you updated better and sooner and also hope to have you guys as my support system.

Also, what about the votes and shares???🤭