Chapter 12- Inaana

I had my Airpods glued to my ears when I heard noises and yelling from downstairs.

I don't bother with anything for the feet as I climb down bare feet hearing two familiar voices yelling at each other, more like one dominating the other one.

As I walk down to the living room, my father and Aarav comes into view. Aarav has the same suit from earlier except for the jacket and a few blood splashes on his white shirt which are rolled up to his elbows indecently but even that doesn't take away a bit of his handsomeness.

I walk down the rest of the stairs biting my lower lip as my anixety creeps inside me from doing something I'm not allowed to. Papa never likes it when I witness his business exchanges or any of the things related to it or just him.

"You should have controlled yourself." My father shouts at Aarav who stands inches away from him and me.

He takes large steps towards Papa and in a snap he is towering him, "Don't you dare tell me what to do and what not to!"

My father does get affected and takes a step back while he points a finger at his opponent, "Watch your tone with me Aarav."

Aarav moves further closer to Papa with a snarl just when I take a step forward and wince immediately with a hiss. Both of their heads snap towards me as I bend down to see what hurt me. There lies several shattered pieces of a broken vase and one of the big ones has cut the bottom of my foot.

"Inaana, what are you doing here?" My father asks with annoyance lacing his every word while I focus on the cut.

"Heard you guys having a vocal battle." I try to take out the glass but the pain intensifies so I set my hand aside on the cold floor.

"And how did you hurt yourself?" Is he being serious?

"Because apparently one of you broke a vase in between you amazing fight."

"Ina-" Papa starts with gritted teeth but I cut him off with a coy smile.

"Sorry Papa but could you please save it for later, I'm in the middle of crisis here." I look at him and Aarav presence registers back.

Shit. I totally forgot he was here too. And I'm fallen, on the floor, embracing my embarrassment, perfect.

He looks at me with brows joined together while he runs a hand through his already messed up hair while his jaw flexes.

"Why are you so clumsy all the time?" Papa asks with annoyance.

"No idea. Looks like I'm born with it." I reply dryly.

Papa frowns at me and give Aarav a hard glare before walks away without even bothering to help me to my feet or just ask me if I'm good. I lower my gaze to the floor as tears sting the back of my eyes but I blink back as I look down gathering myself.

I try to stand but I fail. I try again and I'm about to fall again when a strong hand wraps around my waist and fingers firmly fold around my wrist, supporting me. By instinct, I curl my fingers and wrap my fingers around his wrist for better balance. I look up to see Aarav's eyes boring into mine with concern filling all the spaces in it. He nods towards the sofa and as I start taking steps on one leg, pain shoots inside me and I have to bite my lip to suppress the whimper.

I nostrils burn with his toxic yet addictive scent mixed with nicotine and some rich cologne.
As I take him in, I see an expensive watch around his wrist and a simple thin silver chain around his neck which something I have seen for the first time and it's probably because his shirt's top two buttons are undone baring his long neck and toned chest.