Chapter 9- Inaana

As soon as I pull back from Rana, I'm dragged out of the place in fast paces.  Aarav takes me to the place where the cafe kisses the side building leaving a small ray of alley as a division between them.

Hardly any light reach the point where we stand and it's hard to figure out the expression on Aarav's face as he let go of me and stands one feet away from me since the alley doesn't provide too much distance between us. He takes one more possible step backward and lean against the wall.

I hear people talking, laughing, chattering but I can see not a single figure, neither in the dark nor at the end of alley where light illuminates the street.

I hear some shuffling infront of me and I cross my arms over my chest when I hear the sound of flame igniting on the zippo and a vague view of Aarav lighting a cigarette between his teeth comes into view.

"What the hell do you want?" I stand straight as I question.

I don't see his face clearly or his expression but I can hear the heavy breathing and the burning of paper as he takes a hit of his cigarette.

"Who was he?" He answers my question with another question. Great.

"That's not my answer."

"You're in no position to ask questions." He stands tall.

My brows join together as I tighten my arms over my chest, "And why is that?" 

"Not important. Who was he?" He asks again.

"Doesn't concern you."

"Was he your boyfriend? Your 'guy' bestfriend?" He puts so much emphasis on the guy term that it makes me cringe.

"Excuse me?"

I take a step towards him keeping a safe distance but damn the narrow alley for not swallowing his addictive scent.

"That's not my answer." He blows the smoke right into my face that it would probably appear as if I'm the one smoking here.

I scoff as I say trying to walk away, "I don't care for your answers."

I hardly take half a step before he invades the distance between us and push me against the wall. My back hits the cold wall and my chest hits his strong torso as he cages me in with both of his palm resting on either side of my head. Gone is the cigarette from his hands but I can still smell it on his fingers because of the close proximity.

I inhale his intoxicating smell as I drink him in.

I put my hands on his chest trying to push him away but he's too strong to bulgde. I give up and look up at him to find him already looking down at me.

"What do you want, Aarav? My voice comes out as a whisper.

"Answer." He demands.

"Why?"

"Just. Answer."

"You won't get it from me."

"Oh I will."

"Fuck y-" I bring my knee up to kick him in the shine but he is quicker. He push my knee down with his hand before getting closer and positioning himself with his one leg between my thighs.

Heat ignites inside me as a reaction and my breath start hitching. I bite my lower lip from parting at the reaction and I think he noticed it like he always does.

"Uh-huh. Dick move, little Inaana."

"Ugh, Aarav! What the hell is your problem?"

"Still not my answer."