Chapter 18- Inaana

I feel the passing of everyday, all the five days pass by real slow. That's how long it has been since I last saw Aarav.

I had known I was attracted to him since day one but the feelings that I discovered after our moment are blowing up my mind. At first, I took them for lust but who am I kidding with that thought. Dozens lust for him but I, I feel more for him. I like him, maybe a little too much or it just feels that way at present.

But he certainly made everything clear to me right away before I could even fill in a slightest hope. I felt hurt but I didn't show him that, at least not too much. As words came out of his mouth, it felt like a blade was slashed through my heart.
When he said those words, I swear I felt a burn in my chest that made the cages of my heart stumble down to my stomach and they both had been hurting ever since.

But I woke up today and refused myself to dwell over my feelings for someone who is too proud and arrogant to even have the basic decency to care for one's emotions.

The first thing I did today was text my girlfriends and asked them to plan something tonight to which they readily agreed and made plans to meet at seven tonight.

Now as I sit infront of my mirror while coating my lashes with mascara, my phone buzzes on my lap while I sit on the floor.

Anya: Want me to pick you up?

I'm about to respond to her text when she sents another one.

Anya: Scratch that. I'm inviting Rana and will ask him to pick you and me. It's been so long since I saw him.

Anya: Kiara is coming on her own though.

I shake my head as I laugh at her question and answer phase and her crush over Rana. She has been after him for the last five years when once he picked her up bridal style and carried her to the car as she had twisted her ankle because of her six inches heel.
God that woman can literally be at a funeral but in a full fashionable attire. And as for her a little huge crush on Rana, whom she constantly tries to woo with silly activities to which my best friend mostly laughs or just tolerate her craziness with his easy smile.

My phone buzzes again in a few minutes after I plant my feet infront of my closet digging through my footwears for the right heels to go with my black dress with short sleeves stopping mid thigh.

Rana: Anya just told me about tonight. When should I pick you guys?

I reply with one hand while bringing out a pair of black block heels.

Me: In 10 minutes. Call me once you arrive.

He sees but doesn't reply.

As said Rana calls me in a few minutes and luckily I'm all good to go by then.

I step downstairs to be faced with Papa sitting on the sofa in the living room while Ruby sits on the dinning table cutting vegetables and Harsh is no where in sight.

"I'm going out." I take a long breath before announcing and both of theirs head snap up to me.

"Where?" Dad asks.

"Hey Uncle." Anya bursts through the open door taking everyone's attention.

"Anya." Papa nods with a fake smile.

"Anya it is. How are you uncle?" She asks politely because that's who she is.

She doesn't know much about the dept of harshness of my father towards me but she has the idea and yet she manages to be all sweet and good with everyone including Papa.