Chapter 17- Aarav

She had me buzzed the moment she buried her little face in my crook. She looked so delicate and breakable as she cried and I hate that something didn't feel right with me seeing her in that state. Eyes swollen and red, her trembling lips and the ever so slight creases on her forehead, she looked so much like the girl I usually despite but I didn't feel that way for her in that condition.

What I felt is something I definitely don't want to dig in, not now not ever. Because if I give it a thought I wouldn't be able to stand infront of my building now while having my third cigarette since I dropped her off. Instead I would be in my car, driving back straight to her

I didn't go up to my apartment, I can't just yet. There's just too much building inside me and I need to release it before I do something stupid and I give away what I have.

As I take a deep drag my eyes close a flash of hurt Inaana comes to my vision. I hated the look on her face when I pushed her away. God knows how much my hands itched to pull her close.

I try to calm my mind when a loud laughter alerts me to open my eyes and I immediately regret doing that. Dad, Kunal Uncle comes out of the building.

I drop the cigarette and crush it under my shoes just as they snap their attention to me sensing my presence.

"Aarav here you are. And I was wondering what's taking you so long." Uncle asks.

"I've been here for a while." I fake smile.

Smile? Seriously? I'm totally giving it away.

"When did you come back?" Dad asks sharply.

"A few minutes ago." I say calmly.

"Did you drop her safe?"

"Of course. What's gonna happen in twenty minutes drive?"

Though I say those words with sarcasm, my insides burn with its bitter feeling.

A lot can happen in those minutes and shit load did happen.

Plus I wasn't with her for just twenty minutes, we were out for a whole hour.

"I don't kn-"

"Oh come on Yash. Let it be."
Dad nods with a sharp look while uncle continues, "So when are you planning to visit-"

They keep talking until Harsh brings out their ride and they drive back.

I don't move from my spot and neither do Dad. He has something to say and I know that so why pretend.

"Is something going on with you and Inaana?"

Straight to the point.

I meet his eyes as I say calmly, "No."

Dad reads my body language and facial expression which I keep neutral.

"Should I be concerned Aarav?"

"Not at all. You know me, Dad."

Dad nods as he pats my shoulder and keep it there, "And I also know how certain things, people peek you interest at times and how you do anything to acquire them."

"Where is it going Dad?" I rub my face with my palm.

"I saw you glancing at her time to time, more than necessary."

"And?" I try playing it off.

"Aarav." Dad goes serious.

"Dad, it's Inaana, daughter of Kunal Saxena for fuck's sake-"

"Language." Dad cuts me off with his warning which I totally ignore.

"And she's a bit too soft for me. I wouldn't even give her a second thought."