Chapter 19- Inaana

I stood for some time at the place below Kiara's building after Rana left, contemplating what caused his sudden change of mood and why the hell did he acted in such a way out of the blue.

As I climb up to Kiara's flat, I'm welcomed back with dozens of question from both of the girls, regarding my whole conversation with Rana. I tell them it's a tea for other time but before I walked out of there, I saw a certain understanding in Kiara's eyes. I don't know if she figured things out or what but, it was something that made my nerves relax and my heart at little less worry.
I also called and asked Harsh to pick me up who, for the first time in years didn't receive my first call which was shocking but he eventually answered the second.
He told me to wait downstairs and that he'll be here in a few minutes. So, here I am, standing on the streets waiting for my brother.

As his car comes into view I waste no time in connecting my Airpods and keep my sad playlist ready to play. He stops the car infront of me and I get inside and take the passenger's seat.

He starts the car and drives while no word pass between us for which I'm beyond grateful as I'm in no mood of talking or arguing at the moment. Before you go by Lewis Capaldi fills my ears and I close my eyes just as I hear some mumbling. I open my eyes to see Harsh waiting eyes on me.

"What?" I ask as I clear my hearing.

"I asked if you ever miss what we had?" Harsh says with a calm face facing the road.

"Still what?" I ask directly since I'm in no mood to guess stuffs.

He sighs but he doesn't at all look agitated, "Don't you miss the bond we two shared as a child?"

"You mean the bond you ruined?" I snap.

"Yes." He agrees way too easily.

"Did you just take the blame-"

"I did because it's true." He still doesn't look at me.

"Oh yeah, that's hell true." I scoff. "I wonder if you even regret it at all."

"Will it help if I say I do regret doing so?" He looks at me with an elderly faint smile, the exact same one he used to give me after our mother's demise when Papa scolded me.

"Woah Harsh, are you drunk? How come you are taking all the blames and taunts I'm throwing at you. You never agreed to any of my comments before, what changed? It's weird. Act normal."

"I never denied any of the claims either." He says with a smirk. "And no, I don't drink."

"Yes you don't. Too scared to lose your perfect son's picture infront of Papa." I laugh as I try to scroll through my phone screen, hoping to help it distract me from feelings a sudden stiring of overwhelm.

"Perfect son, huh!" He snicker shaking his head, "Yeah, sure."

My eyebrows scrunch as I see the traces of unamusement on his face, "Did I just joke?"

He shakes his head dramatically, "No, no. It's just you have no idea what's actually the matter. You think I'm the perfect child? Trust me when I say, if you knew the situation, you would see me as anything but perfect."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's just-" He begins but stops when his phone rings that lies between us and because of the place it is in, it is not at all difficult for me to see the person who is calling him. Aarav.

He continue to drive as he answers, "Has to be something really important or else why would you call me, right?" He jokes.

I try my best to hear anything from the other side of the phone but when I get nothing, I bury down my curiousity and start re-scrolling through my phone. After what happened with Aarav the other day, I'm well aware that I shouldn't even be bothered about his existence but that all seems good to hear but in reality, the feelings are out of our control.