Chapter 11- Inaana

I couldn't stay there. Though I was dying to, I couldn't. I feel hurt but I don't know why.
There's a ache in my chest that I don't want to pay attention but it's present and I hate it.

I climb out of the cab, feeling the eye of my driver on me whom I didn't bother to call to drive us back home. I always took Aarav for a violent kind but never thought I would be this affected at the sight of it.

"Inaana!" Ruby jerks me off out of my mind as she gives my arm a hard shake.

I look around the empty living room of our home where I don't even remember walking into. I rub my forehead with my hand before looking at Ruby.

"You alright, kid?" She asks with concerned filled eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm perfect. Are you okay?"

I ask her as I place both my palms on her shoulder and do a quick scan of her body and her, trailing my eyes from hee head to toe.

"I'm totally fine. It's just the whole thing stunned me." She says with a soft smile.

"Yeah it did."

Before I could spend another decade on same thing, I hug Ruby tight and head to my room.

I leave my door open as I bury myself on bed. My back partly hits the mattress and a little of pillow as I make myself comfortable. I pull out my phone and go through several messages.

There are a few texts from Anya and Kiara, asking if we could hang out anytime. I type them a quick 'soon' before I call back Rana. He had called the other night when Aarav dropped me off. I waved him off saying there's nothing to worry about and he's just a friend. It definitely was a lie because of course he isn't a friend infact he isn't anything to me.

Today Rana called me twice. Once when I was at the coffee shop witnessing a mess and second when we were driving back.

I glue my Airpods to my ear as I dial Rana's number while I change into a pair of blue jeans with a white shirt and a pair of shoes.

"Sup?" I ask him in a cheerful voice as he answers.

"Care to tell why does it take you a eternity to answer?

I smile as I straighten my hair with my hand, "Whenever you want."

"Oh shut up dumbo."

"Hey, I have told a thousand times not to call me that." I fake pout on my side.

"And?" He exaggerates word.

"You should respect that." I jerk my chin up even though he can't see.

"Give it a break idiot."

"Ugh, Ran." I stomp my feet on the floor as I intentionally nag.

"Jokes apart, when are you gonna meet me? And I need a when and where." He asks and I take no time to answer.

"How about now?"

"Cool. Where?"

"I'm heading to public library. Still cool with you?"

Rana might be intelligent and smart but reading isn't his forte. He enjoys it for a bit but can't go on days reading like me. Whenever we make movie plans I always carry a book because after a few minutes, Rana starts snoring and I eventually turn off the movie and start reading.

I wait for his response as he interprets his answer.

"Fine. Wherever." He says with a huff and a chuckle leaves my mouth.

"Pathetic Ran."

"Shut up. Meet me there in 10 or do you want me pick you up?"

"Nope. I'll be there."