Chapter 15- Inaana

I carry my belongings while Aarav goes for his car keys. I'm pushing myself inside the elevator leaving behind Aarav to follow when my phone pings.

I stop in my spot as I read Rana's text.

Rana: You really should learn to enjoy yourself. I could help. Just gotta ask baby (wink emoji).

I smile at his flirtation when goosebumps erupt on my neck as a husky voice fills my ear, "Clingy boyfriend?"

I jerk myself away slapping my palm on my chest as I say, "Aarav! You scared me."

He doesn't say a word but something tells me he is saying something as his eyes stresses and roams over my figure from head to toe.

I raise an eyebrow at him when I wait too long for anything from him but he just straightens coming to his full height and adds looking down at me, "Move."

It's then I remember I'm standing in the middle of the elevator taking up most of the space but not enough that he can't go from the side.

I huff and step aside while he stands just beside me. I click off my phone and put it inside my bag as we wait for the elevator to stop.

He snorts grabbing my attention and starts smirking.

When he doesn't stop annoying the shit out of me I snap, "What?"

He continues to smirk.

"Seriously Aarav?" I sound beyond exasperated.

He looks at me with the same smirk yet again as he scans me from top to bottom and out of instinct I shrink back in the limited space available as my skin heats up just from his mere glance. He strolls towards me and I hit the elevator side as I try to back off.
I inhale cologne and nicotine as he raises his hand and pulls out my bottom lip from between my teeth with his thumb.

When did I start biting it?

Shock fills my nerves from his touch, heating up my entire body. My cheeks feel so hot that I turn away to hide myself being flushed.
I barely get any time to contain myself when I hear him move at the same time the elevator opens.

We get out of the elevator and walk towards his car side by side. As we reach his, he opens the door to the passenger seat for me with a casual face for once.

I get in and in seconds he rounds the car and take his seat on the driver's seat. The car comes alive as he takes it on the road. We do not say anything letting the silence fills us and to help it I keep my eyes fixed on the world outside the window trying my best to avoid how Aarav's hand flexes as he drives with ease and how at times, his forearm veins pop out more evidently.

"Tonight wasn't your scene, right?" He asks out of the blue.

I snap my head towards him to see him have his gaze fixed on the road ahead.

"What?"

"You heard me, Inaana." He says flatly. And yes I did hear him, I just didn't want to answer him.

"You don't know what or what isn't my scene." I bring out my phone from my purse.

"Maybe but I do know one thing about people. When they don't feel belonged or happy somewhere, they find an escape from it with something they enjoy even though they remain present there." He doesn't look at me but I know he is watching.

"And?" I try stalling because I know I would have to talk eventually.

"And you did the same. Like scrolling through the book in your phone when you thought no one was looking. But I was." He looks at me and smirks.