Chapter 4- Inaana

I freeze as my eyes land on him. The guy I've known all my life who used to be my crush as a teenager. During our childhood, I saw him at various business events but he never once glanced my way when I never once left his. Maybe because I was too young for him or for the fact that I was not really attractive and my sloppy attitude did no good. Whom am I kidding? I'm still not handsome enough to gather a room's attention.

The last time I saw him was at my mother's funeral but he didn't really bother me then, maybe because the silly childhood crush faded with time or probably for that fact that I was in too much agony to pay any interest to my surroundings.
All I remember is he wore a black shirt with top two buttons undone which he paired with black jeans and looked as gorgeously breathtaking as he looks today.

I stiffen at the sight of me as I bite my lower lip with nervousness and embarassment that he witnessed all my nag a moment ago.

"I wouldn't mind the audience of a little drama." I bite down harder on my lip at the sound of his deep and powerful voice. It sends a shiver down my body as my heart pounds so hard I fear it might break my ribcage.

But as I encounter his words, everything fades and anger rushes through my body as  I speak, "Excuse me?"

"Excused." He smirks, and my eyebrows pinch together.

"What the fu-" I let my hands fall to my sides when he cuts me off.

"I wouldn't complete that if I were you." He warns me with a tsk.

I cross my arms over my chest again as I tilt my chin up, looking down at him before I say, "Well you're not me so I can say. What the fuck is your problem?"

"Inaana!"
"Ina!"

My father and Harsh say at the same time with same high pitch.

I don't bother sparing them a glance and keep my eyes hooded at Aarav who stands to his six feet two inches making me look up to meet his gaze as my five feet three inches only helps me to lock gaze with his chest. He is a big man, with muscular frame, long legs and a ridiculously beautiful face.

I wince when I feel a ache on my wrist and only then I look away from him to my brother who is holding my wrist roughly, enough to leave a bruise later as he tries pulling me back.

Aarav comes to my face and I lock my eyes with him taking in him. His almond shaped brown eyes with long black lashes just like his dark black hair and I wonder what would be like to run my hands through them. He has a sharp jawline that I fear it might slice my finger if I run one over it.

He leans down to my eye level, jaw clenched and my stomach does a flip. What the hell man, where the hell is my anger?
I inhale his cologne mixed with mint and nicotine as he comes closer glaring over my shoulder. Heat starts swirling in my lower bellow and my whole body ignites just at the slightest feel of his heat.

My skin burns as hair rises on the nape of my neck when his fingers brush mine and I look down to see him loosing Harsh's grip from my wrist.
Harsh readily let go of me and step back while Aarav keep his hand on me, melting away whatever's left of the anger.

He straighten to his full height and I would be lying if that didn't just make me gulp down the bile. I conceal it with a furious expression while he turns to me and instantly replace the frown on his face to a smirk at his lips, "You don't want your daddy's business going to ditch on account of your bitchy attitude, do you little Inaana?"

All the fury comes back in a blink as he warns me with a smirk, damn that fucking smirk! I would give anything to knock off that damn thing from his face.

He places a cigarette between his lips as he light it up with a zippo, both of which he took out of his pocket giving me his sly smirk, never once leaving my eyes while I grit my teeth.

I wanna slap him, kick him, do any damn thing to defy his orders but I also know if he speaks with so much confidence and arrogance, my father must terribly need his help. I know Papa's company hasn't been doing well for a few years now but I never had to face any inconvenience because of my mother's trust fund that she left behind her on my name.

My mother, Niti Saxena came from a rich family and so she married a rich business as per the stereotypic tradition. She probably knew who was she is being knotted to, that she left behind a fund on my name which I can't use as per my will because Papa assured me, he would let me use it whenever I wish but that was his words five years ago and now, he barely remembers them.

I grit my teeth at Aarav who just blew the cigarette's smoke on my face. I twist my hand out of his grip and look away while he takes his initial seat in a slow and sophisticated steps. I regulate my unsteady breathing before looking at my father.

"I need a car. My own c-" I blunt out but he stops me, raising a finger in my direction while look down shuffling a few papers.

"Not a word, Inaana."

"Bu-"

"Not. A. Word!" He gives me the death glare.

My lips tremble as I fight hard to not lose it before them. I silently walk out of room and run straight to my room. Closing the door behind me, I lean against it as I let it lose. Steam of fat tears run down my cheeks, heating it up and cooling up at the same time with moisture. I sob so hard that I have to cover my mouth with the back of my hand to avoid making any sound to gather attention just in case Ruby walks by my door.

I hate Papa. I hate Harsh. I hate the fucking nobody who treated me like shit and my dearest father let him. I sink down on my butt, bending my knees to hide my face between them as I think of all the times when I barely had to utter a word and got want I wished for. I thought it was all Papa but now that I see the hints, it was always Mama. Always! She was always the one to sing me lullabies to sleep. She was the only one to attend my school parent teacher meets.

She concealed for father saying, "He's busy with work, baby."

But no! He was only busy for me! He was never there for me. Not when I topped in my class, not when I got the best student award at college. Never!
He wasn't there for Harsh as well but Harsh somehow got through Papa's walls that rose higher at the glimpse of me.

I cry for a few more minutes before everything around me starts suffocating me and I start gasping for air. I try to take easy breaths but nothing helps. So I stand up, wiping my face clean with the back of my shirt as I run down the stairs hiding from every pair of eyeballs.

Just as I was about to reach the main door, I bump into a shoulder with so much force that I jerk back falling on my butt. Only the fall never came. A pair of strong arm wraps around me to keep me on my feet.

I look up and instantly regret not falling, Aarav.

_______________________________________________

Hey my dear readers, so there you go with both of the leads reaction to there first meeting. Not an actual first but let's keep it that way.

I was so curious to write there meeting scene that I barely took my hands away from the keyboard and wrote it at 3:00 am. But it's all worth it, if you guys enjoy it.

I hope I'm doing fine with my work and keeping up to your expectations because if not, please let me know through your awaited comments.

I think that went well but if not, then I promise to level up myself and give you what you desire. Till then, enjoy reading and do shower your loves.😘