Chapter 16- Aarav

It's beyond frustrating.

When I agreed to drop her off I simply thought I would tease her and make her mad but what I didn't know was how she would do all those to me.

No one orders me, no one. Not even Dad. He either asks or I don't do shit. But what's more frustrating is how when she did it, it's didn't anger me, it stir a feeling of pride in me. I liked how she didn't fear me and stated her demand. But I can't have her thinking she can do whatever the fuck she desires and there wouldn't be consequences.

Now that she is settled well in her seat and I try focusing on driving I wonder if what just happened a few minutes ago affected her too.

When I held her close, I heard her shallow breathing and her constant swallow of air as at times her adam's apple bobbled. I took in her intoxicating scent in and loved how she smelled sweet and pure so contradictory to me.

And thanks to that as now while I drive, I can barely concentrate on the road with Inaana turned towards the window, giving me her back.

A sniffle makes me jerk my head completely in her direction. What the fuck! Is she crying?

"Inaana?" I ask flatly.

"Yes." Her voice comes out more like a whisper but she doesn't turn.

"Are you crying?"

She doesn't say anything but shakes her head.

"Look at me." I tell her a bit softly but she doesn't stir.

"Inaana." I say in a strong tone.

"Or what?" She turns around and I swear something trembles inside me. Her eyes soft but red, her cheeks damn with tears and her lips tremble.

Fuck.

"Ina-"

"Or what, huh? You're gonna do something and I'll start regretting my actions, right Aarav?" Her nostril flares as she tries to hold back her tears.

Anger stirs inside me for fucking with her at the wrong time. God, I wish I could reverse and change things.

"I didn't mean it like that." I say calmly.

Why the hell does her crying affects me this fucking lot? Humans cry for fuck's sake.

"Then how exactly you meant it, Malhotra?" She grits her teeth.

"Watch your tone." I warn her out of habit.

"I won't. What are gonna do?"

Nothing. That's it. When I can barely think straight around her what possibly could I do.

I know I upset her but there's no way in hell it's possible for her to cry in front of me for such a things. We both have taken enough of each other's bullshit but I never crossed my limits. I knew how much she can take and gave her no more, never. Not even today.

"What is this actually about?"

"You even have to ask?" A bitter laugh leaves her mouth.

"Yes. Because it can't be for what happened just now."

She throws her hand in the air as she talks with exasperation, "Oh my God Aarav, why do you think you know me when you don't."

"I know you enough." I say honestly because I actually do know her. She is an open book though not easy to read but I'm blessed with the ability to read people well.

"You don't Aarav." She sounds tired as she turns towards the road.

I hate that she gives up this easily. She is so much stronger than she believes herself to be but she just never sees her worth. The whole world does but not her.