Chapter 24- Inaana

"He likes you!" Kiara says with a proud smile.

"What?" I ask with utter confusion.

"He. Likes. You." She repeats with extra emphasis.

My face scrunch as I say, "I just said he kissed me and instantly regretted it."

I try to reason with her while I myself regret my decision of coming to her after what happened with Aarav today. Since Papa and Harsh wasn't going to be home any time soon, I decided to drop by Kiara and spill out my feelings. But as I started to give her the tea, I am rewarded with every possible expressions a human could possibly give.

"No, no, no. You see, you are saying he regrets kissing you while what I see is that he regrets losing his control around you."

"Okay what?" I ask with a puzzled look.

She huffs doing a dramatic hand gesture of releasing a breath before she says, "Aarav loses his self control around you."

"How?"

"Like he knows he shouldn't come near you but he always does anyway,because he cannot seem to do the logical thinking around you."

"Um, hold up. Did you miss the part where he kissed me and right away started to regret?"

"Yeah well, he wanted to kiss you since the time in the alley but knew he shouldn't and that's why he asked you to keep distance because he feared his resistance would snap and eventually it did snap and he started to regret losing control, got it?"

"I don't know." I resign with a sigh as I lean against the headboard of her bed and smoothen my dress despite it not having wrinkle.

"Do you like him?" She asks directly with a straight face and tone.

"He is rude, so arrogant, emphasis on so okay? And he's controlling, har-"

"I didn't ask you to give your opinion on him. I ask whether you like him? Yes or no?" Kiara asks me whilst shaking her head at my adjectives for him and as the question of yes and no fills the space, I know for a fact that I could not bring myself to say no for Aarav on this very topic.

"I think I do." I say in a softly.

As soon as the thought fills my sense, a strange and an utter mixed feelings creeps inside me. I try to shoot away the wave but then again, no matter what, Aarav and things, feelings, emotions connecting to him just never seem to subdue.

"And you hate it?" Kiara asks with genuine concern all over her face.

"Yes." I say, running my hand over my face.

"Why?"

I groan as I answer, "Because, well he doesn't deserve that. And I shouldn't be liking someone I have no future with, not that Papa would ever agree or even Aarav would see a future with me or anything least of all even consider me as someone important important. I'm blabbering, aren't I?"

"Of course you are but continue. And do include what's with Rana." Kiara shrugs as she takes a cushion from near by and coil it against her stomach, leaning forward.

"Oh God! I have no bloody clue. Even today, I just don't understand him. He is making a deal out of absolutely nothing and honestly it's highly exasperating."

Lately, Ran has been testing my patience on an extreme level and truthfully it's energy draining. He is my best friend and I need him but the way he's been acting recently and his damn attitude is getting on my nerves. I swear if he doesn't lose his attitude soon, I'll slap him and make him do it myself.

"Oka-" Kiara is cut off with the ringing of my cellphone. I low whisper her an apology as I receive Papa's call to which she simply shrugs.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Papa asks in a neutral tone for once.
But that still doesn't help with the warning bells in my head as to his neutral tone could sometimes mean nothing and at times could be so bad. And moreover what the hell is he doing at home at this hour?

"At Kiara's." I try sounding not nervous.

"For over an hour?" He asks firmly.

"Um- yes." I start biting my lips to ease the situation.

"Well wherever you are, get back right now." He straight away give out an order.

"Why?" I ask as irritation takes over.

"Because if you had been here, Aarav wouldn't have to wait for over an hour in such a humid climate as you would have let him in. So get back quick and stop giving maids unnecessary day off.

"Ruby's pregnant!" I snap hating him for feeling sorry for someone rich like Aarav who had a luxurious car with air conditioner to not even have a trace of sweat while he refuses to consider Ruby's poor condition.

"I don't care." He snaps back.

"Well you should."

"Inaa-" I cut him off saying I'll be there in a few minutes and hang up.

I huff a breath out to release some anger when Kiara asks, "You have to go?"

I nod as I say, "Yeah because his very special and rich Aarav has been waiting outside the house because there was no one to let him in."

I start to collect my things, a bag and my phone when Kiara smirks at me.
"What?" I ask

As her smirk turns into a full blown smile, realisation stirs inside me.

"Shit! Aarav!" My mouth falls open.

Kiara clap her hands while laughing and getting up, "I'm coming with you."